He stars alongside Mila Kunis in Disney's magical adventure Oz the Great and Powerful and his college romp comedy Spring Breakers debuts later this month. Here are five things you probably don't know about James Franco, of the Hollywood's busiest actors.
1. Born April 19, 1978 in Palo Alto, CA, his father is of Swedish and Portuguese decent, while his mother is Russian/Jewish.
PICS: Star Sightings
2. He finished his BFA degree in English at UCLA in just two years, at the age of 28. In addition, he earned two MFA degrees -- both in writing -- from Columbia and Brooklyn College.
3. To get into his character for the 2001 TV movie James Dean, he briefly cut himself off from friends and family to try to experience Dean's sense of loneliness.
VIDEO: James Franco Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
4. Says he actually stopped smoking pot before his role in Pineapple Express.
5. Someday would like to follow in his mother's footsteps and write a children's book.
RELATED: James Franco Arrives to Kimmel in Hot Air Balloon