20 Yrs. Later: 5 Best 'Sleepless In Seattle' Lines
By Jackie Willis
It's been 20 years since Sam Baldwin and Annie Reed locked eyes at the top of the Empire State Building in the 1993 classic Sleepless In Seattle, and their romance has seemed to stand the test of time.
Starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, Sleepless In Seattle follows the love story of a recently widowed man whose son calls a radio talk show in an attempt to find his father a partner -- and it works! The film became such a classic that the on-screen couple returned to make yet another romantic-comedy classic in 1998 titled You've Got Mail.
Here are the top five best (mostly romantic) quotes from Sam and Annie on the 20-year anniversary of Sleepless In Seattle:
1. "They knew it. Time, distance, nothing could separate them. Because they knew. It was right. It was real." - Annie (Ryan)
2. "When I met my wife, it was so clear. I just knew. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home, only to no home I'd ever known. I was just taking her hand to help her out of a cab. And it was like... magic." - Sam (Hanks)
3. "Destiny is something we've invented because we can't stand the fact that everything that happens is accidental." - cynical Annie
4. "Well, I'm gonna get out of bed every morning... breathe in and out all day long. Then, after a while I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed every morning and breathe in and out... and, then after a while, I won't have to think about how I had it great and perfect for a while." - Sam
5. "Well I'm not looking for a mail-order bride! I just want somebody I can have a decent conversation with over dinner. Without it falling down into weepy tears over some movie!" - Sam
What's your favorite line and/or moment from the film?