She's married to R&B singer Robin Thicke and is also a star in her own right, appearing in successful films such as has Hitch, Precious and Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. Here are five things you may not know about Paula Patton.
1. Born December 5, 1975 in Los Angeles -- her mother was a schoolteacher and her father a lawyer.
PICS: The Wild Styles of the VMAs
2. Before getting her big acting break, she worked as a segment producer
for the Discovery Channel series Medical Diaries, which required her to
coordinate the filming of surgical procedures.
3. Her first acting role was a small part in Will Smith's 2005 film Hitch.
VIDEO: Robin Thicke & Paula Patton's Seductive Chase
4. Provided additional vocals for Usher's multi-platinum album Confessions on the song Can U Handle It, which was co-written by husband Robin Thicke.
5. Is close friends with Queen Latifah, who planned and hosted Paula's baby shower in 2010.
RELATED: Check Out Robin Thicke's MAJOR Makeover