In a recent interview with The Guardian, the star of Run All Night -- as well as the Taken series, Non-Stop, Star Wars, and The Grey -- revealed that he thinks he's only has a few more years of punches to the face left in him.
"Maybe two more years. If God spares me and I’m healthy. But after that, I’ll stop [the action] I think," Neeson said.
It's OK if you feel the need to cry. No one's going to judge you, because we all understand that Neeson has a very particular set of skills that make him the best action star of our generation.
Here are eight reasons everyone should be bummed that Neeson's going to quit making action thrill rides.
1. He's the most menacing man in the world.
2. No, really. He looks more menacing with broken mini bottles duct-taped to his hands than Wolverine when he pops his claws.
3. In his movies, he can dodge bullets. Probably in real life as well.
4. We won't get to see his satisfied grin of accomplishment after beating up an entire city full of villains.
5. We'll have to get used to new, softer Liam Neeson posters, after we getting comfortable with the stern look of all his action ones.
6. He's eyes have such determination when he's got a target in his sights.
7. No one can break a random goon's neck with such clockwork precision.
8. Not to mention his skills with the sword!
Sure the 62-year-old star can't be expected to be running around fighting bad guys forever -- that's just not realistic. But Sylvester Stallone is still making Expendables movies and he's 68! All anyone is asking is that Neeson consider kicking ass and taking names just until he's 70.