While her tremendous talent has never been questioned, her moving rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner at President Barack Obama's inauguration this week has the world wondering whether her performance was live or lip-synched. Here are five things you probably don't know about Beyonce.
1. Sang John Lennon's song Imagine at her first talent show at age 7 and won the competition, which included much older contestants in their teens.
RELATED: Highest Paid Women in Music Revealed
2. Lost 20 pounds in 14 days for her role as Deena Jones in Dreamgirls on a strict diet that included "a concoction of lemon juice, maple syrup, water and cayenne pepper" to be consumed 6-12 times per day.
3. The number 4 has special significance in her life. She was born September 4 -- her mother Tina was born January 4 -- she was married on April 4 -- her husband Jay-Z was born December 4 -- her fourth studio album released in 2011 was titled 4.
RELATED: Did Beyonce Lip-Synch The National Anthem?
4. The Oxford English Dictionary added the entry "bootylicious" after it gained popularity from the Destiny's Child song of the same name written to celebrate Beyonce's curves.
5. Came in No. 6 on Forbes' list of top paid female music performers for 2012, earning a whopping $40 million despite taking a break from her busy schedule to care for her daughter Blue Ivy.
VIDEO: Beyonce 'Definitely' Wants More Kids