9 Things to Know About Taylor Swift's 1989 Tour Kickoff
Taylor Swift's 1989 World Tour is here, and by the looks of opening night – it's every bit as amazing as we thought!
Luckily for us, Swifties have been blowing up social media with photos, videos and notes from the first show (#1989TourTokyo on point, by the way). In case you missed any of the highlights, here are nine things you need to know about the show.
WATCH: Taylor Swift Sounds Off on That Rumored Kanye Collaboration
1. The 1989 World Tour kicked off on Tuesday, May 5, at the Tokyo Dome in Japan with 55,000 Swifties packing the arena.
THE BRACELETS AND LIGHTING MAKE FOR A MAGICAL ATMOSPHERE #1989TourTokyopic.twitter.com/HOvWa08PEE— just jade. (@swiftsfox) May 5, 2015
2. But those photos do NOT do the light-up wristbands justice. Watch:
PICS: Taylor Swift Shares Adorable Instagram With '1989' Tour Dancers
3. Said Swifties brought their A-game when it came to concert-wear.
Only 2* more hours until the doors open for #1989TourTokyo! They're ready... ARE YOU? pic.twitter.com/jMZfQ7EVJ4
— Taylor Nation (@taylornation13) May 5, 2015
These girls just got a M&G pass! #1989TourTokyopic.twitter.com/7EC6YC8szt
— T Swift Indonesia (@TaylorSwiftIndo) May 5, 2015
4. The set-list was all 1989, with only three throwbacks. (But really, how could you go wrong with “Love Story”?)
1989 World Tour Set List:
Welcome to New York
I Knew You Were Trouble
I Wish You Would
How You Get the Girl
I Know Places
All You Had to Do Was Stay
You Are in Love
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Out of the Woods
Shake It Off
5. Taylor put a brand new spin on "I Knew You Were Trouble" and "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."
NEW VERSION OF IKYWT. RIP ME #1989TourTokyopic.twitter.com/vJIoeYJwPQ
— Hardcore Swiftie (@Swift13Updates) May 5, 2015
Rock version of WANEGBT video clip #1989TourTokyopic.twitter.com/ldPlTbyEC2
— Taylor Swift Updates (@TSUpdatesOnline) May 5, 2015
6. And she got real deep with her monologues.
7. Mama and Papa Swift were on hand…
MAMA & PAPA SWIFT WALKING THROUGH THE CROWD
— Taylor Swift (@tavlorswft13) May 5, 2015
…With guitar picks!
#1989TourTokyo Scott Swift was outside Tokyo Dome, @rachellynaaa got a Selfie, and of course, Guitar Picks! pic.twitter.com/7mkfnCdp2D
— #The1989WorldTour (@QUEEN_Gwenevere) May 5, 2015
8. Taylor’s entourage made jumbotron appearances.
TAYLORS SQUAD IS GOALS AF AND YOU KNOW SHES A GOOD FRIEND WHEN SHES SURROUNDED WITH THESE PEOPLE #1989TourTokyopic.twitter.com/N1U4gR0ng0
— becky (@swiftsblood) May 5, 2015
Selena talks about Taylor Swift during The 1989 World Tour. ? pic.twitter.com/UGCA62MUqu
— • (@TheGomezArmy) May 5, 2015
9. And, as always, Taylor LOVES YOU!!!
The 1989 World Tour has officially started.
I love you. I love you. I love you.
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) May 5, 2015
The 1989 World Tour continues on May 6 for a second performance at the Tokyo Dome, before heading stateside to Louisiana later this month.