From predictable jabs about Donald Trump’s hair to zingers on the recent controversy over President Barack Obama’s birth certificate, both the President and host Seth Meyers brought some serious snark to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner last Saturday.
Though some of the jokes had the audience not knowing whether to laugh or cringe, the majority of the political humor went over well, with Meyers’ 20-minute bit earning him a standing ovation by an audience full of both the political elite and Hollywood celebs.
Check out the night’s most memorable zingers below.
• "Matt Damon said he was disappointed in my performance. Well Matt, I just saw 'The Adjustment Bureau,' so right back at ya, buddy." – Barack Obama
• [After showing a clip of ‘The Lion King’] "I want to make this clear to the Fox News table: That was a joke. That was not my real birth video. That was a children's cartoon. Call Disney if you don’t believe me. They have the original long-form version." – Barack Obama
• Jon Hamm looks the way every Republican thinks they look. Zach Galifianakis is also here. Zack Galifianakis looks the way every Republican thinks every Democrat looks. – Seth Meyers
• Donald Trump has been saying he will run for president as a Republican – which is surprising since I just assumed he would be running as a joke. – Seth Meyers
• “[Trump has] said he’s got a great relationship with ‘the blacks.’ Unless the Blacks are a family of white people, I bet he’s mistaken." – Seth Meyers