Kate Winslet surprised everyone when it was revealed on Wednesday night that the Oscar winner, 37, got married for the third time to her longtime beau Ned Rocknroll -- but who is this newlywed with the fun name?
Here are five things you may not know about Winslet's main squeeze:
1. Rocknroll's real name is Abel Smith and he's the nephew of Virgin tycoon Richard Branson.
2. Prior to being hubby No. 3 to Winslet, Ned was married to British socialite Eliza Pearson for two years.
3. Rocknroll was on the scene when Winslet saved Branson's mother after the mogul's home on Necker Island caught fire. However, the actress was still seeing Burberry model Louis Dowler at the time.
4. Why did Winslet's beau change his name to Ned Rocknroll? According to his ex-wife Eliza Pearson, he thought people took themselves too seriously. "It was hysterical. We had discussed him doing this many times before, but I wasn’t sure whether he'd do it," Pearson said (via London Daily Mail). "The whole thing was about having fun with your name. He thought we all took ourselves too seriously so it was about reacting against it. He looked into just being 'Ned', with no surname at all but, apparently, that’s illegal so we couldn't do it."
5. Rocknroll is currently the Head of Marketing Promotion and Astronaut Experience at Virgin Galactic, which is the space-travel division of the Branson company.
Winslet and Rocknroll wed in a small, simple ceremony earlier this month. The actress' Titanic co-star Leonardo DiCaprio is reported to have walked her down the aisle.