Kelly Osbourne Rushed to Hospital After Seizure


ET has exclusively learned that Kelly Osbourne has had a seizure while filming her E! show, Fashion Police, and has been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital.

It all started when Kelly wasn't feeling well during the taping. Her co-host Melissa Rivers recognized the symptoms of a seizure and Kelly was placed on the floor in front of the studio audience. The seizure lasted for approximately 30 harrowing seconds. Melissa and crew members, as well as an EMT who happened to be in the audience, all rushed to Kelly's side to help. She awoke on the floor, and was shielded by blankets on her way out of the studio to be taken by ambulance to the hospital.

PICS: Star Sightings

Melissa comforted her during the experience, telling her that everything was going to be okay. Her Fashion Police colleague Joan Rivers was also on set at the time that the seizure occurred at the end of a one-hour taping, and observed the whole thing.

After Kelly was rushed to the hospital, her mother Sharon was seen arriving at the medical center, speaking on a cell phone and appearing concerned.

Related: Jack Osbourne Undergoes Surgery

According to her rep, Kelly is currently "awake, alert and in stable condition."  As a precautionary measure, the star will stay in the hospital overnight for observation.

Kelly herself addressed the events of the day late Thursday night in a tweet to her fans thanking them for their support.

"Thank U all 4 UR beautiful well wishes," she wrote. "Yes I did have a seizure they are just trying to figure out why."

This isn't the first health issue for the Osbourne family. Kelly’s brother Jack was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year, while her mom Sharon successfully battled colon cancer about ten years ago, and underwent a double mastectomy when it was determined that she carried the gene for breast cancer.

Keep checking back here for more on this developing story.

Related: Kelly Osbourne Breaks Hand After Falling From Bed