The First Husbands Club: Forgotten Celebrity Spouses
By Denny Directo
In Hollywood some marriages start and end in the blink of an eye – and no one knows this better than these starlets. Here's a look at the forgotten first husbands of some very famous women.
1. Damon Thomas (Kim Kardashian) Before her lavish wedding extravaganza to Kanye West this past May and Kris Humphries in 2012, music producer Damon Thomas was the first to put a ring on it. Kardashian was only 19 years old when she wed Thomas in 2000. They divorced three years later.
2. Ojani Noa (Jennifer Lopez) Jenny from the block has had her fair share of J.Lovers but Ojani Noa was the lucky lad who first walked Lopez down the aisle in 1997. Their marriage was short lived, however, and they divorced 11 months later. She was later married to Cris Judd from 2001-2002 and Marc Anthony from 2004-2014 (they separated in 2011).
3. Johnny Lee Miller (Angelina Jolie) In 1996, a 21-year-old Angelina Jolie wed her Hackers co-star Johnny Lee Miller in Las Vegas. While the marriage only lasted three years, Angelina says her ex-husband is still a "great friend." Jolie, now 39, was married to Billy Bob Thorton for three years and this past August finally said "I do" to long time love Brad Pitt. Not only does it appear that Johnny is the only ex-husband on this list that is still friendly with his former flame, he’s also the only spouse who’s made a name for himself. Miller stars alongside Lucy Liu in Elementary. The show is currently in its second season on CBS.
4. James DeBarge (Janet Jackson) Childhood sweethearts Janet Jackson and James DeBarge (of the R&B group Debarge), eloped in 1984. Janet was just 18 years old and the marriage was annulled less than a year later after her famous family pressured her to call it quits. In 1991, Jackson quietly married dancer/songwriter Rene Elizondo, Jr and divorced in 2000. She said "I do" for the third time nearly 30 years later since her first marriage when she married billionaire Wissam al-Mana in 2013.
5. Jason Alexander (Britney Spears) Who can forget Britney Spears' shocking shotgun wedding to Jason Alexander? The pop star ran off to Vegas with her childhood friend and the pair were husband and wife for just 55 hours before getting it annulled. Back in 2004, Britney told ET, "In that moment I was with a friend who I loved dearly and I wanted to do something wild and crazy." Well Brit, you succeeded.