Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says


Sandra Hale remembers the horrific day when her granddaughter Anna, then 8 years old, first revealed she'd been molested.

"I took her to the police station and filed the charges on her behalf because she was a minor," Hale told ET in an exclusive interview. "I was looking out for her best interests and I wasn’t going to let this go away."

Hale's daughter, June "Mama June" Shannon, has been under scrutiny since the cancellation of TLC’s Here Comes Honey Boo Boo following reports that Shannon has rekindled a romantic relationship with her ex-boyfriend Mark McDaniel, a convicted child molester.

Since then, Mama June's eldest daughter, Anna Cardwell – called "Chickadee" by the family – has said that McDaniel molested her, years before the family's reality show began.

EXCLUSIVE: Honey Boo Boo's Sister Anna Cardwell Tells ET: 'He's a Child Molester, Mama'

Now, Hale is speaking out. She remembers her initial violent reaction to hearing that Anna had been molested by Mama June's then-boyfriend.

"What my reaction was is I wanted to kill him," Hale admits.

Hale believes that her daughter, Mama June, is in denial about McDaniel's abuse of Chickadee and she also believes the two have been seeing each other since McDaniel's release from prison, despite Mama June's claims to the contrary.

"I feel they have [been seeing each other], yes," she says. "Because pictures don’t lie."

NEWS: Mama June Reacts to Claims She's Dating a Convicted Sex Offender

Though Chickadee, now 20 years old and married with a child of her own, is out of the house, Hale fears for the safety of her younger granddaughters, especially Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, who is 9 years old and still in her mother's custody.

When asked if she believes Honey Boo Boo is in danger, Hale answers, "Yes. The reason I say that is because that's about the same age he likes. [The same age] he messed with Anna."

NEWS: 'Honey Boo Boo' Scandal Could Lead To Custody Battle

Hale told ET that she had been contacted by Georgia's Child Protective Services on Wednesday, Oct. 29, but wouldn't say what she had discussed with the agency.

"The only thing I can tell you is that I said to please look into it carefully and closely," she says. "They assured me they would."