Happy 39th birthday Rashida Jones!
Lucky for us, we got to celebrate by seeing Rashida Jones return to Parks and Rec on the series finale last night. While we literally can’t fathom a world without our favorite Pawnee residents, somehow we’ll have to manage.
WATCH: 14 Recurring Characters We Love on 'Parks and Rec'
One way we can manage is to celebrate the cast in any way possible. That’s where Rashida comes in. We let her into our hearts as Ann Perkins, but there’s actually a lot more about the actress that makes her so incredibly cool.
So in honor of her birthday, we’ve come up with 14 reasons why she’s awesome.
1. She’s celebrating her birthday with one of the greatest movies of all time.
2. This relationship…
NEWS: 11 'Parks and Rec' Memories That Will Make You Cry With Tears of Joy and Sadness
3. When it comes to friendships… she knows just what she wants.
4. She was in not one, but two of the best workplace comedies of all time: Parks and Rec and The Office.
5. When she puts on her dancing shoes… there’s no stopping her.
6. She is practically Hollywood royalty. Her father is Quincy Jones and her mother is Peggy Lipton. But that doesn’t mean she’s not grateful for everything she has.
7. Her pun game was on point when talking about her last day of filming Parks and Rec as a full-time cast member.
8. Her time on Freaks and Geeks will live on forever.
WATCH: 'Parks and Rec' Stars Bid Farewell with 'Bye, Bye Li'l Sebastian' Singalong
9. All she really wants to do is to feel things.
10. She really goes for it with her roles.
11. Designing jewelry is one of her many talents.
12. When she and Jimmy Fallon bust out the holiday pop songs… it’s magic.
13. She is a writer for Toy Story 4!!!!
14. She was an Executive Producer on A to Z.
Check out the video above to see the many other reasons why Rashida Jones is basically our hero!
Be sure to follow Sarah on Twitter, @Sarah_Flanigan.