13 Best Pieces of Advice From 2015 Celebrity Commencement Speeches
By Denny Directo
This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.
If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.
Best Advice from This Year's Celebrity Commencement Speeches
Camila Cabello Says Taylor Swift Is Her Fairy Godmother in Real …
Camila Cabello Stuns in Sparkling High-Low Gown at 'Cinderella' …
Get a First Glimpse of Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence i…
'Impeachment' Star Sarah Paulson Shares Her Initial Reaction to …
Lindsie Chrisley Says There 'Will Never Be Reconciliation' With …
Duane ‘Dog the Bounty Hunter’ Chapman Marries Francie Frane
‘DWTS’ Pros Lindsay Arnold and Witney Carson Talk Returning to t…
GQ Men of the Year Awards: Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Rege-Jean Pag…
Idina Menzel Explains Why She’s ‘Emotional’ Over ‘Wicked’s 18th …
Lil Nas X Rocks Baby Bump in 'Maternity Shoot' to Celebrate New …
Watch ‘Parent Trap’ Stars Elaine Hendrix and Lisa Ann Walter Rec…
Angelina Jolie Wants Her Family 'to Heal' Amid Ongoing Custody B…
Mary Elizabeth Winstead Talks 'Birds of Prey' Spinoff and Potent…
Watch Steve Burns, New Host and More Celebrate ‘Blue's Clues’ 25…
John Mulaney and Olivia Munn Are Expecting a Baby
Mel C Talks Potential Spice Girls Reunion on ‘Dancing With the S…
Jennifer Lawrence Expecting Her First Child With Cooke Maroney
‘RHOSLC’ Cast React to Jen Shah’s Arrest Ahead of Season 2 Premi…
Sitting through long graduations can be grueling but it's a little easier if you get to listen an A-lister. Of course, with entertainers sometimes the advice isn't so much inspiring as it is hilarious.
Here's a round of the best advice from 13 of the most memorable celebrity commencement speeches this year.
1. Natalie Portman, Harvard University "Your inexperience is an asset and will allow you to think in original, unconventional ways. Accept your lack of knowledge and use it as your asset.
2. Maya Rudolph, Tulane University "If I could give my 21-year-old self any advice it would be to take as many bikini photos as you can now because your body's smokin' hot."
3. Matthew McConaughey, University of Houston "Too many options makes a tyrants of us all. So get rid of the excess, the wasted time, decrease your options… and you will have accidentally, almost innocently, put in front of you, what is important to you by process of elimination."
4. Ed Helms, University of Virginia "As you go out in the world, you'll find that people are always quick to define you, to pigeonhole you, to whittle you down to their preconceived notions-- which brings me to my point: Never let others define you. Define yourselves."
5. Former President George W. Bush, Southern Methodist University "Those of you who are graduating this afternoon with high honor, awards and distinction, well done. And as I like to tell the C-students, you too can be President."
6. President Barack Obama, U.S. Coast Guard Academy "We cannot know, each of us, how many days we will walk this Earth. We can't guarantee we're all going to live to 100. But what we can do is live each day to its fullest."
7. First Lady Michelle Obama, Oberlin College "It is absolutely still possible to make a difference. The great moments of our history are not decades in our past; they're happening right now, today, in our lifetimes."
8. Robin Roberts, Emerson College "Dont have a cameo in your life story... have the leading role in your life story."
9. Denzel Washington, Dillard University "Don't be afraid to go outside the box. Don't be afraid to think outside the box. Don't be afraid to fail big, to dream big. But remember, dreams without goals are just dreams and they ultimately fuel disappointment. Have dreams, but have goals."
10. Judge Judy, Shiprock High School, New Mexico "Never let anyone or anything define your value or limit your dream."
11. Stephen Colbert, Wake Forest University "I'd like to leave you with a bit of wisdom I picked up from a documentary I saw this weekend: Mad Max: Fury Road. All you young people really need to succeed in the future is a reliable source of fuel and a fanatical cadre of psychopathic motorcycle killers."
12. Meredith Vieira, Boston University "Don't ever lose your enthusiasm, don't suddenly become self-conscious."
13. Robert De Niro, New York University "Tisch graduates, you made it... and, you're f**ked."