Deadly Shooting Breaks Out at Drake's OVO After-Party in Toronto
By Sophie Schillaci
This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.
If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.
In the hours following Drake's famous OVO Fest in his native Toronto, a deadly shooting broke out at the official after-party at Muzik Nightclub. Police said that the quintuple shooting left two dead and three injured in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
According to Supt. Frank Bergen, the late victims were a man and woman in their 20s and 30s.
"We are very lucky that this is not a larger body count, quite frankly," said Deputy Chief Peter Sloly in a press conference.
Sloly said that despite a "large visible police presence" outside the venue throughout the duration of the after-party, armed offenders began shooting inside the nightclub around 3:15 a.m. The shooting then spilled outside of the club in multiple directions.
It was not immediately clear whether or not Drake was on-site, though Sloly did say that there were several VIPs inside the club. ETonline has reached out to Drake's rep for comment.
As NBCNews notes, this is not the first time such an incident has occurred. Last year, on Aug. 5, 2014, a 28-year-old man was shot in front of Muzik following OVO Fest.
Tuesday's shooting comes shortly after two moviegoers were killed in a Louisiana theater screening of Amy Schumer's Trainwreck. The actress recently spoke out about gun violence with a press conference in New York City. See her passionate, tear-filled speech in the video below.