6 Reasons Why We Think Glenn Is Alive (and Going to Survive!) on 'The Walking Dead'
By Leanne Aguilera
This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.
If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.
Why Steven Yeun Might Still Be Alive on 'The Walking Dead'
Melora Hardin Gushes Over Surprise Message from ‘The Office’ Co-…
'90 Day Bares All': Brittany on Why She Didn't Attend the 'Singl…
Scott Disick Has 'Ill Will' Towards Kourtney Kardashian and Trav…
Kourtney Kardashian's Ex Shares Alleged DM From Scott Disick Sla…
Ed Asner, ‘The Mary Tyler Moore Show’ Star and Activist, Dead at…
Scott Disick and Amelia Gray Hamlin Are 'Not Together,' Source S…
Bennifer 2.0's Red Carpet Debut at Venice Film Festival, Chloe B…
‘That Thing You Do’ Cast Reunites for 25th Anniversary (Exclusiv…
MTV VMAs 2021: All the Best Moments
Jennifer Lawrence Is Expecting, Kylie Jenner ‘Super Excited’ For…
Doja Cat Fashionably Soars as MTV VMAs Host, Britney Spears Gets…
Mariah Carey Gives Ryan Reynolds Major Side Eye as They Duet 'Fa…
‘RHOA’ Stars Reunite at NeNe Leakes’ Husband Gregg’s Memorial
Rihanna and Nicki Minaj Go on Double Date With A$AP Rocky and Ke…
Liam Payne Jokes About Zayn Malik's One Direction Exit
Met Gala: Billie Eilish Channels Marilyn Monroe!
Saweetie Shows Lots of Skin in Crystal-Covered Look at Met Gala …
Met Gala 2021: Ciara Praises Natalia Bryant, Wears Russell Wilso…
Take a deep breathe, Walking Dead fans -- we have good news for you!
In Sunday night's heartbreaking and gut-wrenching (literally!) episode, it appeared that after five seasons of beating all the odds, Glenn (Steven Yeun) was killed off the smash AMC series by being devoured by a heard of walkers -- but we don't think that's the case!
To prove it, here are six reasons why we think Glenn is still alive, and is going to survive this season on The Walking Dead…
1. Glenn Is the Ultimate Survivor: If there's one thing that The Walking Dead is known for, it's giving just and dignified deaths -- and this was not Glenn's. Dying at the hands of a coward like Nicholas is not how Glenn would -- or should! -- lose his life. Yeun's on-screen wife, Lauren Cohan, recently dished to us that Glenn's biggest "strength" is his ability to survive, and we think that's exactly what he's going to do in this situation. If there's anyone who can escape a huge herd of walkers and live to tell about it – it's Glenn.
2. Nicholas Fell on TOP of Glenn: When Nicholas decided to succumb to his cowardly instincts and take his own life, we clearly saw his limp body land directly on top of Glenn as they toppled off of the dumpster. As for all of the bloody flesh that we thought was being ripped from Glenn? Upon closer examination, those intestines appeared to be coming out of Glenn's neck, which is, obviously, anatomically incorrect. Most likely, the camera was too zoomed in to see that Nicholas' body landed vertically on top of Glenn and it's his organs we're seeing on screen. Phew!
3. Steven Yeun Wasn't on The Talking Dead: Traditionally, whenever an actor is killed off of The Walking Dead, our first step in the grieving process is having a postmortem with said actor on the AMC aftershow, The Talking Dead. Yeun was noticeably absent from the Chris Hardwick-hosted series, which gives us hope for Glenn's safety and leads us to this next point…
4. We'll See Glenn Again: In anticipation of the worldwide freak out, TWD showrunner Scott M. Gimple sent a statement for Hardwick to read on The Talking Dead following the controversial episode. "In some way, we will see Glenn, some version of Glenn, or parts of Glenn again, either in flashback or in the current story, to help complete the story," Gimple wrote. Phew! (again!)
5. There's More to Come From Glenn and Maggie: When we called up Cohan to discuss what was in store for Glenn and Maggie in season six, the actress openly talked about their characters' arc for the year -- not just three episodes. "It is so stressful!" Cohan said of Glenn's death-defying record when out on runs. "And we definitely see that continue to happen this season."
Cohan continued, "That's a big theme for Maggie and Glenn as a couple, and Maggie and Glenn individually, this year -- realizing that sometimes you can't do everything you want to do, and you can't be as impulsive or risk-taking."
6. And, Most of All… LOOK AT THIS PHOTO!Honestly, if our first five points have yet to convince you of Glenn's safety, then THIS SUPER SPOILERY PHOTO will surely put your walker-hating mind at ease. ETonline ran the first look photos of Tom Payne in the highly anticipated role of Paul "Jesus" Monroe, and guess who happens to be smiling on set right next to him in an episode that is airing much later in the season? Glenn.
So don't worry, y'all! Our favorite pizza boy is still around… for now.
The Walking Dead airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on AMC.
What do you think Walking Dead fans? Are you convinced that Glenn is a goner? Share your thoughts and theories with @LeanneAguilera on Twitter!