U2 has officially canceled their sold-out concert in Paris, France on Saturday in the wake of the deadly city-wide terrorist attacks in the French capital.
“As a result of the ongoing state of emergency across France, the U2 Paris concert scheduled for 14th November will not be going ahead as planned,” read an update posted Friday evening to the band’s official website. “U2 and Live Nation, along with HBO who were due to live broadcast the Saturday concert, are fully resolved to go ahead with this show at an appropriate time.”
RELATED: U2's Paris Concerts, HBO Broadcast Likely to Be Canceled After Terrorist Attacks
The band was scheduled to play the AccorHotels Arena on Saturday and Sunday as part of their iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE tour, with Saturday’s show to be broadcast live on HBO in the United States and Canada. HBO will instead air Jersey Boys in place of the concert.
U2 also issued a joint statement, expressing their grief for those who have lost their lives in the tragedy.
“We watched in disbelief and shock at the unfolding events in Paris and our hearts go out to all the victims and their families across the city tonight,” the band said from Paris on Friday. “We are devastated at the loss of life at the Eagles of Death Metal concert and our thoughts and prayers are with the band and their fans. And we hope and pray that all of our fans in Paris are safe.”
RELATED: 5 Things to Know About the Eagles of Death Metal
As ET first reported, a source close U2 said that they “do not see how the show could happen tomorrow,” while another source close to production said that it was “unlikely the show will go on.” It is unclear whether Sunday’s concert will go on as scheduled, as it was not mentioned in the statement.
The President of France declared a state of emergency on Friday after a series of shootings and explosions began at multiple sites throughout the city, including the Stade de France and Bataclan concert hall. More than 100 people were killed at the Bataclan venue.
U2 is currently in Paris, where they had been rehearsing for the weekend's shows. A source tells ET that all band members are safe at their hotel.
RELATED: At Least 100 People Killed at Concert Hall
Just before the attacks began, rehearsal footage had been posted to U2’s official Facebook page.