12 Times You Wanted to Be Jennifer Lawrence's Best Friend in 2015
By John Boone
It would be an understatement to say this was The Year of Jennifer Lawrence.
Professionally, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 make approximately a gajillion dollars at the box office and her next David O. Russell film, Joy, could earn her yet another Oscar nomination. Plus, she filmed another X-Men movie and a sci-fi epic with Chris Pratt. (Which is to say: 2016 will probably be the Year of Jennifer Lawrence too.)
Personally? Well, she constantly reminded us why we want to be a member of her #squad. Here are 12 of those times:
1. When she was a kind, generous, all-around genuinely good person.
Like when she visited Shriners Hospital for Children in Montreal. But it’s well established that she’s a kind, generous, all-around generally good person, so that’s nothing new. ONWARD!
2. Whenever she stepped out with one of those hot ass bodyguards.
And you realized that if you were best friends with Jennifer Lawrence, those hot ass bodyguards would probably guard your body too. At least, when you were with Jen.
3. When she went out to dinner and ended the night with a unibrow.
Or when she went out to dinner and turned into a walrus. Take your pick.
4. When she revealed herself to be an expert driver of wave runners.
Ideally, if you were Jennifer Lawrence’s best friend, you would get a three-person wave runner and ride in between Jen and Amy Schumer. (Who became vacation friends in 2015, which is a whole ‘nother can of jealousy.)
Natalie Dormer could be you. (Minus being on Game of Thrones, probably.)
6. When her actual best friends’ birthday present to her was...Kris Jenner?!
If you were only regular friends with Jennifer Lawrence, you would get invited to parties where people give each other members of the Kardashian family for their birthdays! But if you were best friends, you gift a Jenner yourself! Don’t even bother with a gift receipt!
7. When you found out that she sends her friends the best text messages.
9. When she stood up for not only herself, but all of womankind.
Jen wrote an op-ed for Lena Dunham’s Lenny Letter about the gender wage gap and said, "I’m over trying to find the 'adorable' way to state my opinion and still be likable! F**k that.” Imagine if someone with that kind of badass feminist power had your best friend back.
10. When you found out it meant she’d wake you up with a prank.
"My friend Amy and I got so drunk that we ended up on the top of Billy Joel's piano. We were on Piano Man's piano," Jen recalled. "She invited me up on the piano…She was like, 'If you try to leave, then I'll grab onto you, and keep grabbing onto you.”
12. And when you realized that being best friends with Jennifer Lawrence meant you could also hang out with Adele.
We want to be Jennifer Lawrence’s best friend, but also…IT’S ADELE!
Now, watch as Jennifer Lawrence recalls her most embarrassing moment: