Kesha's ongoing legal troubles may be keeping her from performing at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday.
After reports surfaced last week that the 29-year-old singer was planning a "statement performance" aimed at music producer Dr. Luke, Dick Clark Productions ---- which puts on the event -- told ET in a statement on Tuesday that her appearance may be in jeopardy.
"We have received numerous inquiries as to whether or not Kesha is performing on the 2016 Billboard Music Awards," the statement read. "Kesha accepted an invitation to perform on the show and she received written approval from Dr. Luke's record label, Kemosabe Records."
WATCH: Kesha Sobs as Judge Denies Request to End Her Contract With Dr. Luke and Sony Music
"Kemosabe subsequently rescinded its approval following a media report on Wednesday, May 11, regarding Kesha’s appearance on the BBMAs," the statement continued. "Unfortunately, Kesha and Kemosabe have since been unable to come to an agreement for Kesha to perform on the show."
"Dick Clark Productions has a long standing relationship with Kesha," the statement concluded. "We hope that the parties can come to an arrangement such that we can continue that long standing relationship with a performance by Kesha on the Billboard Music Awards stage on May 22."
WATCH: Kesha vs. Dr. Luke: Everything You Need to Know About the Ongoing Legal Drama
Dr. Luke had no comment.
Kesha seemingly addressed her canceled performance on Tuesday, writing, "I was very excited to perform a tribute to Bob Dylan by singing a cover of 'It Ain't Me, Babe' at the Billboard awards this year. I'm very sad and sorry to say I won't be allowed to do this."
"I just wanted to make very clear that this performance was about me honoring one of my favorite songwriters of all time and has never had anything at all to do with Dr. Luke," she continued. "I was never going to use a picture of him, speak of him or allude to my legal situation in any way. I simply wanted to sing a song I love to honor an artist I have always looked up to. Thank u all for the continued support."
A source also tells ET that on Monday, the singer “provided Dr. Luke with written assurances that she would not talk about him, mention him or even allude to him in her performance, but, as of now, Dr. Luke still has not approved [the performance].”
While the music producer could still change his mind, the source adds, “Billboard has a spot to fill for the awards show and they've got five days to do it, so if a resolution isn't reached soon it's likely there's nothing that can be done. ”
The news comes after Kesha's sexual assault case against Dr. Luke was put on hold until the singer resolves her breach of contract lawsuit in New York. Kesha accuses Dr. Luke, real name Lukasz Gottwald, of drugging and raping her, claims the producer has denied as "outright lies."
MORE: Kesha Says She Was ‘Offered Freedom’ If She Lied About Her Rape: ‘I Will Not Take Back the Truth’
On Sunday, Kesha shared a photo on Instagram candidly addressing her struggles with depression and an eating disorder, vowing, "I have decided to take my life back."
All of this follows the singer's emotional performance of Lady Gaga's "Till It Happens to You" at the Humane Society of The United States' Los Angeles benefit and gala fundraiser earlier this month.