Michael Buble Makes Emotional First Public Appearance Since Son Noah's Cancer Diagnosis
By Antoinette Bueno
Michael Bublé is thankful for his family every day.
The 41-year-old singer accepted the National Arts Centre Award in Ottawa from the Governor General of Canada on Wednesday, his first public appearance since his 3-year-old son, Noah, was diagnosed with cancer last November. In his heartfelt speech, Bublé thanked his family, and got emotional when describing what they've been through these past few months.
"My entire life has been inspired by how my family has made me feel -- my wife, my children, my parents, my sisters," he said, after reading the Maya Angelou quote, "People will never forget how you made them feel." "There are no words to describe how I feel about you. Sometimes 'I love you' just isn't enough."
The National Arts Centre Award is presented each year "in recognition of recent exceptional work by a performing artist." Previously, Bublé had canceled a number of public appearances since announcing Noah's cancer battle.
"I stand here truly humbled that I have been allowed to be one of your musical representatives and that you would choose to bestow this honor upon me during what has been an emotional and difficult time for my family," Bublé said on Wednesday. "I thank you for the love and support that you've given and for the pride I'm filled with every single time I'm able to stand on a stage and say, 'My name is Michael Steven Bublé and I'm Canadian.'"
"When things like what happened to us occur, you take on life changes," Lopilato said at a press conference in Buenos Aires for her film, Those Who Love, Hate. "It happened to us. Now I value life much more, the now and the today."
"My son's recovery is a long process as you all know, and he has to continue with check-ups," Lopilato, who also shares 1-year-old Elias with Bublé, continued. "But we are very happy. We are looking forward to thinking about the future, to seeing our children grow."