A royal source tells ET that Prince Harry is still expected to travel to The Hague in the Netherlands on Thursday for the Invictus launch, after he and Meghan Markle welcomed their first child, a baby boy, on Monday.
The source adds that Meghan's mom, Doria Ragland, is at Frogmore with her daughter, and other friends are on their way to visit the new mom. A second source also says that Meghan was about a week overdue.
Last week, the Royal Communications Office announced that the Duke of Sussex would be traveling to the Netherlands on May 8 and 9 to officially launch the one-year countdown to the Invictus Games The Hague 2020. Had Baby Sussex not been born yet, Harry would have canceled the trip, a source told ET last week.
This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.
If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.
Why Baby Sussex Is Going to Make History | Spilling the Royal Tea
"I'm very excited to announce that Meghan and myself had a baby boy this early morning," he said. "A very healthy boy. Mother and baby are doing incredibly well. It's been the most amazing experience I can ever have possibly imagined."
"How any woman does what they do is beyond comprehension," he continued. "But, we're both absolutely thrilled. And so grateful to all the love and support from everybody out there. It's been amazing. So we just wanted to share this with everybody."
Harry said the couple is "still thinking" about a name and promised reporters that they'll be introduced to the baby in a couple of days.
"The baby's a little bit overdue so we've had a little bit of time to think about it. That's the next bit," he said of a name. "For us, I think we'll be seeing you guys in probably two days time as planned, as a family. To be able to share it with you guys and so everyone can see the baby."