HBO's fantasy series Game of Thrones returns this Sunday so we're examining five things you probably don't know about one of the show's most popular stars, Emilia Clarke, who portrays exiled queen Daenerys Targaryen -- the "Mother of Dragons"
striving to reclaim her place on the Iron Throne!
1. Born in 1987 in London, England -- her father is a theater sound engineer and her mother is a businesswoman.
PICS: Game of Thrones Cast: On Screen vs. Real Life
2. Studied at the prestigious Drama Centre London, where she took part in several plays before snagging her first TV role on Britain's BBC series Doctors.
3. One toldGQ that despite the huge following of the show, she's not often recognized while out and about. "It takes a die-hard fan to actually spot me," she said.
VIDEO: Game of Thrones Cast Reveals Fan Experiences
4. Her musical talent includes singing and playing the piano, flute and guitar.
5. On Lena Dunham's popular HBO series: "I'd give my right arm to be, like, a random extra on Girls, just to walk past one of the scenarios."
VIDEO: Emilia's Amazing Breakfast at Tiffany's Makeover