She shot to fame playing the wisecracking wife of Kevin James on the hit TV series The King of Queens and is now making headlines for reportedly leaving the Church of Scientology. Here are five things you probably don't know about Leah Remini.
1. Born Leah Marie Remini in Brooklyn, NY on June 15, 1970 -- her mother is of Austrian-Jewish background and her father was from the Italian region of Sicily.
PICS: Star Sightings
2. Moved to Los Angeles with her mother at age 13 to pursue acting and worked as a waitress, cashier and bill collector to help pay the bills.
3. Met her husband, actor Angelo Pagan, at the El Floridita Cuban restaurant/club in Hollywood.
VIDEO: Leah Remini Spoofs Lady Gaga Egg Entrance on The Talk
4. Has said that one of her favorite movies as a child was the John Travolta disco flick Saturday Night Fever.
5. Auditioned for the role of Monica on Friends that ended up going to Courteney Cox.
VIDEO: Kevin James Goes Boom