This White Collar star has been drafted (unsuccessfully, of course) by 50 Shades of Grey fans to portray Christian Grey in the film version of the erotically-charged novel. Here are five things you may not know about Matt Bomer.
1. Born Matthew Staton Bomer on October 11, 1977 in Spring, Texas -- his father John was drafted by the NFL's Dallas Cowboys.
PICS: Bisexual Celebrities, 10 Celebrities To Come Out
2. Attended Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA, graduating the same year as his Magic Mike co-star Joe Manganiello.
3. Was director Brett Ratner's favored choice to play Clark Kent / Superman in his 2006 remake of Superman. But when Ratner left the project, new director Bryan Singer chose Brandon Routh over Bomer for the role.
RELATED: White Collar Boss Serves Up 5 Tantalizing Teases
4. Has said he looked to characters in movies including Oceans Eleven, Catch Me If You Can and Ferris Bueller's Day Off for inspiration to portray White Collar's Neal Caffrey.
5. Is a big fan of 30 Rock and toldElle magazine that he would have loved to appear on the show. "Have some laughs with Liz Lemon, maybe play Jack's illegitimate son."
VIDEO: Matt Bomer & Partner Honored by GLSEN