Making her debut as a judge on tonight's season 3 premiere episode of The X Factor, this founding member of Destiny's Child (along with Beyonce Knowles and Michelle Williams) has also shown her acting chops in appearances on both the big and small screen. Here are five things you probably don't know about Kelly Rowland.
1. Born Kelendria Trene Rowland on February 11, 1981 in Atlanta, GA -- she relocated with her mother to Houston, TX at age eight.
PICS: Star Sightings
2. In the early '90s, she was already performing with Beyonce as part of a band called Girl's Tyme, which gained exposure after appearing on the nationally televised talent show Star Search.
3. She appears in the 2003 slasher flick Freddy vs. Jason.
RELATED: Kelly Rowland Rescued At Sea
4. Has identified R&B group Sade is one of her major musical influences.
5. Has admitted having plastic surgery, most notably a breast enlargement procedure in 2007. But one thing she says she'll never try is Botox. "I don't want needles stuck in my face, that's going to hurt!" she once told an interviewer.
RELATED: Kelly Rowland & Paulina Rubio Join The X Factor