On the heels of Disney XD's DuckTales revival, and Netflix bringing back Inspector Gadget and Danger Mouse, we started thinking about other cartoons that could be due for a reboot.
NEWS: DuckTales is Coming Back to TV!
Here's seven animated series we're starting to feel nostalgia for that could give joy to a new generation.
1. Darkwing Duck: The feel of the show isn't that far away from Inspector Gadget, and who doesn't like a masked superhero?
2. Rocko's Modern Life: The humor of this show was pretty sophisticated for a cartoon, giving it an appeal to kids and parents alike.
3. Dexter's Laboratory: If The Powerpuff Girls could get a reboot, surely we should get the chance to see Dexter back in his lab. The brother-sister/odd couple comedy duo of a mad scientist child and his annoying sister Dee Dee is one of the best of all time.
4. Johnny Bravo: Imagine Anchorman's Ron Burgundy if he never got an anchor job, then add a whole lot of muscle and some sweet karate moves and "Wooooaaah Mama!" you got Johnny Bravo. The middle-aged man who lives with his mom is full of bravado, and who doesn't love a man with confidence?
5. Doug: All things considered, this was probably the best cartoon of the '90s. The series' anxiety-ridden leading man would just need two updates to fit into the 21st century -- trade in the vest for a v-neck and the journal for a blog.
6. Aaahh!!! Real Monsters: All things considered, this was probably the weirdest cartoon of the '90s, but animation company Klasky Csupo may have seen a trend coming, as the success of Pixar's Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University was soon to follow.
7. TaleSpin: Here's the pitch: Baloo from The Jungle Book charters a plane in the Pacific Islands in the 1930s. In hindsight, it sounds a little out there, but it worked.