EXCLUSIVE: 'Boy Meets World' Questions Will Finally Be Answered In 'Girl Meets World' Season 2!
By Leanne Aguilera
This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.
If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.
EXCLUSIVE! 'Girl Meets World': See the Brand New Opening Credits
That Girl Lay Lay Comes to Life and Raps on New Nickelodeon Sitc…
'NCIS': Watch the New Promo Featuring the First Footage From Sea…
Melissa McCarthy Gives Sneak Peek of New Film ‘The Starling’ (Ex…
Mandy Moore Talks Life as a New Mom at the 2021 Emmys (Exclusive)
How Lifetime's New Prince Harry and Meghan Actors Prepared to Pl…
Nicole Richie Talks Kids, ‘The Simple Life’ and New House of Har…
‘DWTS’ Pros Lindsay Arnold and Witney Carson Talk Returning to t…
BJ Novak Says He Would Love to Reunite With ‘Office’ Co-Stars in…
‘That Thing You Do’ Cast Reunites for 25th Anniversary (Exclusiv…
‘RHOA’ Stars Reunite at NeNe Leakes’ Husband Gregg’s Memorial
Rihanna and Nicki Minaj Go on Double Date With A$AP Rocky and Ke…
Liam Payne Jokes About Zayn Malik's One Direction Exit
Met Gala: Billie Eilish Channels Marilyn Monroe!
Saweetie Shows Lots of Skin in Crystal-Covered Look at Met Gala …
Met Gala 2021: Ciara Praises Natalia Bryant, Wears Russell Wilso…
Met Gala 2021: Maluma Gets Flirty With Donatella Versace on the …
Doja Cat Stuns in Six Outfit Changes at 2021 MTV VMAs
'New Amsterdam' Trailer Teases Max and Helen's Romantic Next Ste…
We've met the boy. We've met the girl. And now it's time to see what happens when two of TV's most beloved worlds collide in one star-studded season!
Girl Meets World is kicking off their highly anticipated second season with five nights of all-new episodes beginning Monday, May 11. As if that wasn't exciting enough, only ETonline has your exclusive first look at the brand-new season two title sequence and it's jam-packed with never-before-seen sneak peeks.
So what's coming up for Cory (Ben Savage) and Topanga's (Danielle Fishel) family this year? ETonline caught up with executive producer Michael Jacobs for an exclusive interview to get the scoop on upcoming guest stars, unanswered questions, and why true Boy Meets World fans are going to be majorly rewarded this year.
1. All Your Favorites Are Coming Back: A good majority of Girl meet World's first season was setting up the introductions of Riley, Maya, Farkle, Lucas and Auggie. Now that we know (and love!) this new generation of friends, it's time to blend these two worlds. "We're going to have guest appearances from almost everybody in the original cast," Jacobs explained. "We’re going to resolve story-lines from the original show while keeping it the new show."
So who else is going to be stopping by the Matthews house? Get ready to see Mr. Feeny, Mr. Turner, Chet Hunter, Angela Moore, Harley Keiner, and many, many more! And of course Uncle Eric Matthews -- aka Plays With Squirrels will be stopping by in premiere week.
"Will Friedel will visit us three times this year and his performances are absolutely brilliant," said Jacobs. "He's just one of the funniest people alive. The combination of his funny and his particular brand of heart is a signature for the piece."
2. Shawn Hunter Gets Closure: All BMW fans will remember the heartbreaking look on Shawn's face in the final season when the love of his life, Angela Moore, decided to move away to Europe with her father. When Girl Meet World fans first met "Uncle Shawn" in the holiday episode, it was clear that our former trailer-park bad boy is still very single and very afraid of commitment.
ETonline was the first to reveal that Angela will be coming back into Shawn's life in GMW's second season, and it looks like Shawn is finally going to get the closure that he's waited 15 years for. "We're about to reveal in an episode called "Girl Meets Hurricane"what is going on in Angela's life," Jacobs promised. "For Shawn and Angela, there will be resolution to that relationship."
Jacobs continued, "We gave it so much thought and we decided that given the history of these characters and where they are in their lives, [that] will shape where they stand. We will be bombarded on Twitter after this episode airs. There will be people who love it, there will be people who don’t, but I will tell you that it's real, and that's what we were guided by."
3. Expect More Boy Meet World Easter Eggs: While the younger viewers might not have noticed the significance of Topanga's flower child return, or the look on Shawn's face when he realized he met Minkus' son, these are the moments the Boy Meets World fans were delighted by -- and there's even more headed our way!
"There are remarkable things that we're doing with old character references," Jacobs spilled. "In the premiere week there's a story about going back to Philadelphia and digging up the past -- literally. They dig up a time capsule [in Feeny's backyard], so we'll see artifacts from the original series that were iconic artifacts."
Plus, remember Chubbie's -- the hangout where Cory, Shawn and Topanga had some of their most epic moments? Well the new kids are going to be getting their own special place this year when Topanga takes over a bakery. "The kids need a place to hang out and to play," Jacobs said. "Boy Meets World had Chubbie's and in Girl Meets World it's going to be Topanga's."
4. The Storylines Are Getting More Mature: One of the things that made Boy Meets World such a groundbreaking series in the 90s was the fact that they weren't afraid to tackle heavy subjects including death, homelessness, and abuse. The first season of Girl touched upon topics such as technology addiction and absentee parents, but the series is about to dive into much more serious story-lines.
"Girl Meets World is a different kind of world for kids today and we embraced that in this first season, but in the second season, we're examining topics and story points that are, I think, much closer to Boy Meets World because these two worlds are merging," Jacobs said.
"[Disney Channel] is embracing our ability to be able to take topics that if handled poorly should not be tackled," he said. "But the handling of these topics and the events that are unfolding before you are really reminding us of the original construct."
5. It's Fun For the Whole Family: This isn't your typical Disney Channel show, people! Rather than sending your kids off to the TV room so you can get 22 minutes of peace, Girl Meets World is something that both kids and parents will enjoy watching together because you grew up with the core characters. "It's an open letter to all of the original fans of Boy Meets World," Jacobs said.
"[Season two's] first episode which is "Girl Meets Gravity," explores a topic that I think will immediately remind you of how we did Boy Meets World and how Girl Meets World has evolved into a wonderful creative point where both kids and adults will both love this show," Jacobs said. "It's truly a family show but the people who are in this family are people that the audience wildly embraced."
The showrunner continued, "Girl Meets Word is the safest and most wonderful possible place for fans of Boy Meets World. It's a magnificent time to jump on in."
As part of "Girl Meets What In The World Is Happening" premiere week, new episodes of the series will air each night at 8:30 p.m. from Monday, May 11 through Friday, May 15 on Disney Channel.