Gwen Stefani debuted her new single "Misery" on Tuesday's The Voice, and the catchy tune was met with a lot of love -- and a standing ovation -- from her boyfriend, coach Blake Shelton. While the two didn't share any screen time together, things were a little different behind the scenes.
Some of the best moments on the most recent episode of The Voice went down while the cameras weren’t rolling, and ET was on the scene for all the action! Here’s what you didn’t see on TV during Stefani's show-stealing performance.
1. While The Voice was live, Stefani's performance was actually pre-taped an hour ahead of time. What's more, she ran through the entire performance three times!
2. While Stefani and Shelton's behind-the-scenes romance wasn't directly mentioned on Tuesday's show, it was used to get the crowd excited for the big number. Before any of the coaches hit the stage, the pre-show hype man tried to get the audience worked up by telling them, in his best baby voice, "It'll be so fun to see Gwen and Blake together again, aww!"
3. While Shelton was clearly grooving to his girlfriend's new single, the Voice coach who seemed to get into the song the most was Christina Aguilera. While the final cut of the performance showed a more reserved Aguilera, the singer was often rocking out, waving her arms and singing along more than anyone.
4. At the end of Stefani’s performance, all the coaches leapt to their feet to give standing ovations. While Stefani avoided interacting with Shelton during the taping, for the most part, she did shoot her man a smile while basking in the applause.
5. After the first of her three takes at the performance, Stefani walked over to Shelton's chair, causing fans in the audience to cheer for the cute couple. The No Doubt frontwoman, who was a coach on the previous season of The Voice, chatted with her former co-stars Adam Levine and Pharrell Williams, who gave Stefani a hug.
6. After Stefani's second take at the number, she walked off stage to talk with crew members and the stage manager about the routine. Shelton walked over to Stefani this time to whisper something in her ear, and then joined the chat with the stage manager. It seemed as though the third and final take may have been a collaborative effort.
7. After her third take, Stefani walked off stage giving Levine a high-five as she left. Shelton left his seat and joined her to chat as they walked past the coaches' chairs to go backstage. Stefani was joined by her 2-year-old son Apollo as she walked and talked with her beau, with several security guards trailing behind them.
It's clear that while Shelton and Stefani’s high-profile romance might not often be the focus of what fans see when they tune in to The Voice, it certainly plays a big role behind the scenes!