Seeing as the first season of Westworld has pretty much been one shocking twist after another, it's kind of a cruel joke that after Sunday's finale, we'll have to wait until 2018 to get any more answers.
With that in mind, here are a few things we'd like to clear up about this narrative -- lest we question the nature of our own reality -- by the time the season comes to a close.
**WARNING: Spoilers, obviously.**
MORE: 'Westworld' Fans, Rejoice! HBO Renews Show for Season 2, 'Divorce and 'Insecure' Will Also Return
1. Will we find out whether William is the Man in Black once and for all?
2. Will Maeve be able to break out of Westworld?
3. On that note, what is even going on in the real world outside of Westworld’s limits?
4. Will we find out why the hosts keep whispering "These violent delights have violent ends" to each other?
5. What is waiting at the center of the maze for the Man in Black?
6. Did Ford order Dolores to kill Arnold?
7. What is Wyatt's role in all this?
8. How many timelines is Dolores in?
9. Is Charlotte possibly Arnold's daughter?
10. Will the other Hemsworth brother realize that Bernard is a robot?
11. Is Elsie alive? What does she know?
12. Does music control the hosts?
13. What is Ford's real narrative?
This might be a lot to ask, but we just really need to clear this all up.
The season finale of Westworld airs on Sunday at 9 p.m. ET/PT on HBO.