ET's Katie Krause spoke with the actor at KIIS FM'S iHeartRadio Jingle Ball at The Forum in Inglewood, California, on Friday, where he opened up about rumors the Beverly Hills, 90210 reunion series could end up at another network or streaming service following its cancellation by Fox.
"I don't think that's going to happen," Priestley shared.
"Unfortunately it's not the first TV series I've been on that's been canceled, and it probably won't be the last," he explained.
The six-episode BH90210 was a meta take on a 90210 reunion, with original stars Priestley, Tori Spelling, Jennie Garth, Shannen Doherty, Ian Ziering, Brian Austin Green and Gabrielle Carteris playing heightened versions of themselves as they came back together to plan a fictitious reboot show. Fox announced in November that the show wouldn't be returning for season two.
"We certainly set the show up to continue. Unfortunately it just didn't come to pass," Priestley told ET. "But we certainly had our fun making the episodes, and it was nice to work with that group of people again. I guess it was what it was."
It was a family affair for Priestley at Friday's Jingle Ball, as he took his wife, Naomi, and daughter, Ava, (as well as her friend) along to the event.
Ava opened up about watching her dad on Beverly Hills, 90210. "Yeah, it was [weird watching him]. But the thing is -- acting has changed a lot over time, and thinking the fact that girls my age loved my dad is very weird," she confessed. Still, the 12-year-old said she's open to following in her dad's footsteps.
"I mean, I've always wanted to be an actress. I've always liked acting," Ava said. "I mean, he's very successful."
"Stay in school, kids," Priestley said in response to his daughter's acting ambitions. "That's all I've got to say."
During an interview with ET last month, Carteris was hopeful that BH90210 would find a way to continue. Watch below.