Jonathan Majors Arrested on Charges of Assault After Alleged Incident With Woman, Actor Denies Claims

The 33-year-old 'Creed III' star was arrested on Saturday morning in New York City.

Jonathan Majors was arrested in New York City on Saturday morning. The 33-year-old Creed III star has denied the claims.

ET has since learned that Majors was arraigned on three counts of assault in the third degree, one count of aggravated harassment in the second degree, three counts of attempted assault in the third degree, and one count of harassment in the second degree. Though the accuser requested that Majors have a supervised release and that the accuser have a full order of protection, the judge granted a limited order of protection and that Majors be released on his own recognizance. The next court date in the case will be May 8.

The Manhattan District Attorney's office claims that Majors "struck, shoved, kicked and otherwise subjected another person to physical contact thereby causing physical injury to such person and to a family and household member of such person."

The accuser claims Majors struck her in the face with "an open hand," leading to "substantial pain and a laceration behind her ear." She is also accusing Majors of grabbing her hand, "causing swelling, bruising, and substantial pain to her finger." Additionally, the accuser is claiming Majors put his hand on her neck, "causing bruising and substantial pain." 

TMZ, who was the first to report the alleged incident, also reported that the woman accusing Majors is his girlfriend.

A rep for Majors told ET over the weekend, "He's done nothing wrong. We look forward to clearing his name and clearing this up."

The NYPD told CBS News in a statement that officers received a 911 call from an apartment in the Chelsea neighborhood at 11:14 a.m., where a "preliminary investigation determined" that there had been a "domestic dispute" involving Majors and a 30-year-old woman. The woman told officers she had been assaulted and was taken to a hospital with minor head and neck injuries, according to police. She is in stable condition. 

On Tuesday, Priya Chaudry, Majors' criminal defense attorney, released a statement to ET stating that the 911 call was made by the actor and not the woman. 

"As confirmed by one of the woman’s own written statements disavowing her allegations, it is Mr. Majors who called 911 due to concern for her mental health," Chaudry told ET. 

Majors was taken to jail, but is now out of custody.

On Sunday morning, Chaudry released a statement to ET regarding the alleged incident, in which she maintains that all the evidence points to Majors' innocence, and that the team expects to have the charges "dropped soon."

"Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is provably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows. We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently," Chaudry says in the statement, before sharing the evidence they have gathered. "This evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations."

The statement continues, "All the evidence proves that Mr. Majors is entirely innocent and did not assault her whatsoever. Unfortunately, this incident came about because this woman was having an emotional crisis, for which she was taken to a hospital yesterday. The NYPD is required to make an arrest in these situations, and this is the only reason Mr. Majors was arrested. We expect these charges to be dropped soon."

In the wake of the allegations against Majors, the U.S. Army has paused its two ads featuring the Marvel star until the investigation into the allegations is complete.