Lisa Vanderpump's Brother Dies of Suspected Drug Overdose in U.K. Home at Age 59
By Zach Seemayer
Rich Polk/Getty Images
Lisa Vanderpump's brother was found dead of a suspected drug overdose at his home in Gloucestershire, England.
Mark Vanderpump's body was discovered on April 30,The Daily Mail reports. It has not yet been ascertained by authorities whether not to the fatal overdose was accidental or deliberate. He was 59.
The Vanderpump Rules star released a statement to The Daily Mail in which she said her brother's death "has come as a shock to us all."
"My brother and I had connected the day before this tragedy and I was completely unprepared for this," she said. "He was my only sibling and I am shocked and saddened by his passing."
"I am trying to be supportive to his two young sons that he has left behind, and help them get through this tragedy," she continued. "We appreciate your consideration in this private and extremely difficult family time."
Mark -- who worked as a professional DJ in the U.K. -- often visited Los Angeles, where he came out to spend time with his famous sister at her restaurants.
However, in recent years, Mark had reportedly been struggling with personal problems, including a divorce from his wife of 22 years. Lisa is reportedly flying out to England for her brother's funeral services.