7 Worst On-Set Celeb Accidents: From Channing Tatum's Burned Privates to Shia LaBeouf's Head Injury
By Raphael Chestang
This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.
If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.
Ouch! The Worst Ever Celeb On-Set Injuries
Letitia Wright Injured on Set of ‘Black Panther' Sequel
‘School of Rock’ Flashback: See Jack Black’s On-Set Antics in Ra…
'Riverdale': Michael Consuelos on Hiram's Origin Story and His H…
Joey Lawrence on Making Real-Life Love Connection With Fiancée S…
Bennifer Ready to Become One Blended Family, Letitia Wright Inju…
Lily James Performs the Most Dramatic First Dance Ever in 'Rare …
Patrick Dempsey Explains 'Grey's Anatomy' Frustrations as EP Cla…
Watch Vanessa Lachey Sob the Moment She Landed the Lead Role on …
ABBA Is Back! Details on the Group’s Unexpected Reunion Tour
'Bachelor in Paradise': Natasha on the Most 'Shocking, Awful' Pa…
Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez Pack on the PDA in Italy!
'The Good Doctor': Shaun Has Sex on the Brain in This Season 4 D…
Met Gala 2021: Kim Petras Sports Horse Head on the Red Carpet
'Riverdale': Ashleigh Murray Dishes on Josie and the Pussycats' …
Tia Mowry Gives Disappointing Updates on 'Sister, Sister' and 'T…
Met Gala 2021: Kendall Jenner Draped in Crystals on the Red Carp…
Taryn Manning Talks 'Karen' Film: Trailer Controversy and Learni…
‘Lucifer’: Aimee Garcia on Ella’s Ending and Finally Figuring Ou…
Being a movie star isn't always what it's cracked up to be, as we learned with these celebs who sustained on-set injuries so painful, they're sure to make you cringe.
1. Shia LaBeouf: The 29-year-old actor required stitches after injuring his hand and suffering a laceration on his head while filming the upcoming American Honey in North Dakota. According to Variety, a mishap occurred during a scene in which LaBeouf was supposed to put his head through a glass window.
2. Jackie Chan: The famous martial artist and stuntman has incurred almost every injury you could think of -- a dislocated shoulder, broken fingers, spine damage and a dislocated cheek bone, to name a few. The legendary actor suffered second-degree burns, a back injury and a dislocated pelvis while filming a stunt for 1985's Police Story that required him to slide down four stories on a metal pole decorated in lights.
3. Jim Caviezel: While starring as Jesus in 2004's The Passion of the Christ, Jim was struck by lightning just before shooting the Sermon on the Mount scene. "People started screaming and they said I had fire on both sides of my head and a light around me," Caviezel told Fox News. "I had locked eyes with people and it was very eerie because they made a weird sound -- the kind of sound people made when they saw the jet plane run into the World Trade Center."
4. George Clooney: While shooting Syriana in 2005, the Oscar winner sustained an agonizing spinal injury from a stunt gone wrong. He later told Rolling Stone the recovery process was so bad that he thought, "I can't exist like this. I can't actually live."
5. Charlize Theron: While doing back handsprings on the set of Aeon Flux in 2004, the Oscar-winning actress landed on her neck, which resulted in a herniated disk and nerve damage. The injury, which almost left Charlize paralyzed, caused production to halt for eight weeks so that she could recover. The injury affected her so much that she vowed not to put her health at risk for Mad Max: Fury Road.
6. Johnny Depp: The Golden Globe winner underwent surgery in March after hurting his hand in Australia while shooting the highly anticipated Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
7. Channing Tatum: The Magic Mike XXL star told Howard Stern that he accidentally burned his junk while trying to keep warm on the set of his 2011 movie, The Eagle. Channing dumped what he thought was warm water down his wetsuit. In turns out the water was actually scalding hot. "It kept burning for the next 20 to 30 minutes," Channing said. "I was having a complete panic attack."