5 Things to Know About Florida Georgia Line's 'Anything Goes'
By Sophie Schillaci
Now that they've conquered the good times, Anything Goes on Florida Georgia Line's new album.
The duo unveils their sophomore studio effort on Tuesday, featuring the hit single "Dirt" and the feel-good follow-up "Sun Daze." But when it comes to picking favorites, Brian Kelley tells ETonline: "The point of this album is to put it in and listen to it all the way down, and repeat."
Before you put that record on repeat, we're breaking down everything you need to know about Anything Goes.
1. "There's something for everybody on this record."
Truly, the pair says, anything does go when it comes to their music and, next year, headlining tour. "That just sets the tone," says Kelley of the album. "We want everybody to know you're coming to a show, anything goes. Let's have a good time."
2. They're trying new things. "We want to just keep switching it up a little bit," says Tyler Hubbard of their latest singles. "Go from 'Dirt' to something more fun and upbeat that everybody probably wants to dance a little bit to."
3. But they're still the same guys you know and love. BK tells Country Weekly: "I think we really tried to stay in that zone of what we know and stay creative." Adds Hubbard, "We're just gonna stay true to who we are and not overthink anything."
4. The album is perfect (or dangerous) for a drinking game.
In its review of the album, USA Today notes: "If someone tried to throw back drinks as often as Tyler Hubbard and Brian Kelley sing about them during the 41 minutes of Anything Goes, they'd likely wind up with alcohol poisoning."
5. But it's not all fun and games. They're charitable, too.FGL launched the Dirt Campaign back in July in an effort to raise money for Habitat for Humanity. On Saturday, the duo took a break from promoting their album to put on some hard hats and get to work on the ground in Detroit.
You may have seen FGL opening for Jason Aldean over the summer (or, before that, on tour with Luke Bryan or Taylor Swift), but they’ll head out on their own headlining tour next year. In the meantime, the guys are heading out to sea for This Is How We Cruise, and Hubbard promises a special surprise for fans on-board. Watch the video above to find out what he’s got in store.