Amanda Bynes Out of Psychiatric Facility, Back to Tweeting Bizarre Messages

Splash News

Just three days after a judge ruled that Amanda Bynes spend at least another 30 days in a psychiatric facility, the What I Like About You star was spotted walking down Hollywood's Sunset Boulevard on Thursday.

Bynes was released from the Pasadena, Calif., treatment center she entered on Oct. 10 and it wasn't long until she hit the streets of L.A., wandering the famed Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood. Witnesses tell ET that the 28-year-old actress stopped at the Beverly Center around 4 p.m. on Thursday afternoon, where she was seen shopping at Bloomingdales and Dolce & Gabbana.

"She looked like her mind was somewhere else," a source says. "She kept thanking us over and over and calling everyone beautiful."

VIDEO: Amanda Bynes' Very Own Show Premiered 15 Years Ago

Her next stop was Mel's Drive-In, where she dined alone but was very chatty with her waitress. "She needed someone to talk to and express her feelings to," the waitress tells us. "She seemed like she really wanted me there. Every time I walked by, she said, 'Oh, I wish you could sit with me.'" 

Bynes reportedly contested her involuntary treatment and was allowed to leave the psychiatric facility after a hearing officer found the actress to be stable enough not be held involuntarily.

As psychotherapist Dr. Robi Ludwig explains to ET, "You can't keep somebody hospitalized involuntarily indefinitely. Amanda still has legal rights so once someone is voluntary, they have the right to check out of the hospital if they so choose."

PHOTOS: Amanda Bynes' Most Bizarre Twitpics

And while Bynes' parents were recently granted a temporary conservatorship over their daughter's medical and financial decisions, this does not include her psychiatric treatment.

On Friday morning, the actress began erratically tweeting (and deleting) messages on her official Twitter account again.

NEWS: Amanda Bynes Tweets Shocking Sexual Abuse Allegations

"I am going to court with my lawyer today to fight my mother and father over control of my personal life and control of my finances," she wrote. "People need to hear the truth about who I really am - I need to show the judge that not only do I not need ANY help making decisions about my future. I was planning on transferring to NYU, and I was never homeless, I was living in the nicest hotels until I found the right apt."

She also, once again, accused her father of abuse.

Bynes' return to a treatment center occurred following a series of bizarre tweets in which she first alleged that her father sexually abused her as a child. However, she later deleted and retracted those claims, explaining: "The microchip in my brain made me say those things."

The actress' mother, Lynn, said then in a statement to ET, "I am heartbroken today for my husband of 47 years. Rick has been the best father and husband a family can ask for."

Bynes also exemplified some strange behavior while in New York City, including reports that she attempted to shoplift and announcing she was engaged to a 19 year old.

Do you think Bynes should have been released from the psychiatric facility?

Related Gallery