Jaden Smith, 16, is almost as well known for his nearly inexplicable tweets as he is for his acting career, while his 14-year-old sister Willow Smith's biggest contribution to the entertainment landscape seems to be the 2010 pop music hit "Whip My Hair."
So, of course, TheNew York Times Style publication T Magazine felt that this dynamic sibling duo would be just the right people to interview – while overlooking the Pacific Ocean on a chaparral-filled bluff – about all those classic teenage topics such as quantum physics, prana energy and the lucid, often illusive nature of temporal interpretation.
PICS: 12 Actors' Kids Who Went On To Become Stars
Well, actually, it seems that T Magazine wanted to talk to Will and Jada Pinkett Smith's kids about their music and their creative and collaborative processes. The siblings, however, were much more interested in discussing transcendental meditation.
To try and explain these quotes, or even give them context, would be to destroy what makes them so beautiful. Well, that and they are mostly impossible to explain and were said with very little context anyway. Just enjoy some of the best quotes from T Magazine's illuminating conversation with the Smith siblings.
1. Jaden On His Recent Reading List: "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life and ancient texts; things that can't be pre-dated."
NEWS: Jaden -- My Dad Will Is 'Cool' Dad, Allows Me Freedom
2. Jaden On Time: "It's proven that how time moves for you depends on where you are in the universe. It's relative to beings and other places. But on the level of being here on earth, if you are aware in a moment, one second can last a year. And if you are unaware, your whole childhood, your whole life can pass by in six seconds. But it’s also such a thing that you can get lost in."
3. Willow On Time: "I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please, and that's how I know it doesn't exist."
4. Willow On Reality: "This is a fragment of a holographic reality that a higher consciousness made."
NEWS: Willow Smith Reveals Why She Dropped Out of Annie
5. Willow On Optimism: "Caring less what everybody else thinks, but also caring less and less about what your own mind thinks, because what your own mind thinks, sometimes, is the thing that makes you sad."
6. Jaden On Human Thinking: "When one thought goes into your mind, it's not just one thought, it has to bounce off both hemispheres of the brain. When you’re thinking about something happy, you're thinking about something sad. When you think about an apple, you also think about the opposite of an apple."
NEWS: Jaden Smith Critiques His Dad's Red-Carpet Style
7. Willow On Literature: "There're no novels that I like to read so I write my own novels, and then I read them again, and it's the best thing."
8. Willow On Babies And Human Gestation: "When they're in the stomach, they're so aware, putting all their bones together, putting all their ligaments together. But they're shocked by this harsh world."
9. Jaden On School Children: "Kids who go to normal school are so teenagery, so angsty."
10. Willow On Education: "I went to school for one year. It was the best experience but the worst experience. The best experience because I was, like, 'Oh, now I know why kids are so depressed.' But it was the worst experience because I was depressed."
PHOTO: Jada Pinkett Smith Posts Nude Pic Taken By Husband Will Smith
11. Jaden On Making Us All Realize That Maybe We're All Just Being Trolled By This 16-Year-Old: "I have a goal to be just the most craziest person of all time."
Go forth and be crazy, you magical child stars. And maybe, if you get the chance, you could let us know what the opposite of an apple is? Some say an orange, others say a banana. Maybe it's steak? Seems like you might have the inside track on that, Jaden, so maybe drop us a hint.