The actress has been cast as the role of Belle in the Disney live-action version of Beauty and The Beast. Production will begin later this year on the Bill Condon-directed film — yes, the same director as The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. And Emma's reaction to the news is predictably adorable and awesome:
"I'm finally able to tell you... that I will be playing Belle in Disney's new live-action Beauty and the Beast!" she wrote on her Facebook. "It was such a big part of my growing up, it almost feels surreal that I'll get to dance to 'Be Our Guest' and sing 'Something There'. My six year old self is on the ceiling - heart bursting. Time to start some singing lessons. I can't wait for you to see it. Emma xx"
And she should be excited because she is absolutely perfect for the role. Here are seven reason why.:
1. The 24-year-old has some killer dance moves already, which means she'll nail her "Be Our Guest" moves perfectly. Just look at her cut a rug with Jimmy Fallon.
2. Belle loves books, and we have no doubt she would love Watson's on-screen role of Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter book series! Not to mention Emma is a college grad herself so she probably has a thing for books, too.
3. Just look at their hair! Not only does Watson have the same coloring as the iconic Disney princess, but she has Belle's good looks too.
4. Belle does not want a man like Gaston to tell her how to live her life, and she is one of the earliest examples of feminism in Disney films. Likewise, Watson believes in the power of feminism. Look no further than the UN Women Good Will Ambassador's passionate speech on gender equality and her recently launched the HeForShe campaign that fights for total equality.
5. Both Belle and Watson are great role models for young girls. They're both independent, well-spoken and compassionate individuals. In fact, Watson dedicated her Britannia Award to her dead hamster, and we have a feelng that Belle would dedicate her award to little Chip!
6. They are both daddy's girls. Watson's father gave her a wishbone before her audition for Harry Potter for good luck, and she still keeps it in a jewelry box at home. Belle was willing to sacrifice it all for her father when she went to rescue him from the Beast.