The celebrity selfie is ushering in an end of times for the long-coveted autographed photos, as many true fans are ditching the sharpies in favor of something REAL.
PHOTOS: Must-See Celebrity Selfies
While the signed photos business does somehow still exist, these days it's mostly all signature scalpers looking to sell the photos online, pissing off celebrities in the process.
PHOTOS: 22 Guys Who Are Super Excited To Stand Next To Kate Upton star Rebel Wilson called out the ruse on her Twitter, writing, "Hey professional autograph hunters, maybe stop stalking me at airports etc because I'm not signing your pics that you sell online."
Pitch Perfect 2
Taylor Swift noted in a
op-ed that she believes autographs are basically over. Wall St. Journal
"I haven't been asked for an autograph since the invention of the iPhone with a front-facing camera," writes Taylor. "The only memento 'kids these days' want is a selfie. It's part of the new currency, which seems to be 'how many followers you have on Instagram.'"
WATCH: Taylor Swift Admits She's Never Really Been In Love
The point is that a quality, candid celebrity selfie holds much more weight today for than a stuffy, airbrushed promotional photo with a signature on it.
Here are seven selfies with celebrities that prove that for autographs -- the writing is on the wall.
1. This once in a lifetime Beyonce photobomb moment....
Means so much more than a dumb photo on
eBay. WATCH: Beyonce Shares Racy Swimsuit Pics From Her Hawaiian Vacation -- Move Over, Kim K!
2. How much more awesome is a chance run in with Kim and Kanye...
Than dropping $200 on
something that already looks so painfully 1980s. WATCH: Kim Kardashian Says Kanye West Flew to Belgium for Wood for Their House
3. There's no comparison whatsoever.
4. It's how a 21-year-old pop star who already has enough personal troubles to land himself on a Roast still has millions of adoring fans. WATCH: 3 Stars Who Totally Owned the Justin Bieber Roast (
5. Look how Kylie Jenner completely made two fans' everything with one simple picture. WARNING: Single F-bomb of pure, unbridled joy.)
6. Even Ariana Grande, a star who has struggled to shake her diva reputation, can be part of a beautiful moment like this one. PHOTOS: 21 Red-Hot Ariana Grande Looks
7. And when you get one moment with amazing human being Anna Kendrick...
A signed publicity photo just won't cut it.
NEWS: Anna Kendrick Is Publishing a Book: 19 Reasons We're Excited! Forward facing cameras are where the heart is.
Autographs -- signing off.
Watch Taylor Swift open up about
getting over heartbreak.