Lamar Odom has been released from rehab, ET can confirm.
The 37-year-old former NBA star checked into rehab at a medical facility in San Diego, California, in December -- more than a year after his near-fatal overdose -- and a source tells ET that he's now been released.
"Lamar completed his program," the source says. "He is doing great and can't wait to start this new year off right."
Odom gave his first sit-down interview since his hospitalization with The Doctors' Travis Stork last month, and the CBS show released the first photo of the athlete out of rehab. Odom left treatment at Casa Palmera in Del Mar, California, on Thursday, the show reports, after completing a 30-day in-patient program that included both individual and group therapy. The Doctors' interview will air on Jan. 17.
A source previously told ET that it was Odom's own decision to check into rehab. "He wants to get better and recently realized he needs to do this for himself, and especially for his children [Destiny and Lamar Odom Jr.]," the source said. "He knows he needs help and unfortunately, this is something he'll need to take care of for the rest of his life. Drug and substance abuse is a serious issue."
"I wasn't in a good place mentally, especially mentally before that incident happened," Odom told Stork in a preview of the Doctors interview, which was taped prior to Odom entering rehab. "Me and my wife at the time [Khloe Kardashian] were going through some things. I was in a dark place. They say everything happens for a reason, so I guess the reason is I'm here and I can tell the story."