Group B takes the stage tonight, meaning fans will get a chance to see performances, and clue packages, from The Crocodile, Baby Alien, The Seahorse, Whatchamacallit, The Serpent and The Gremlin. Everyone's favorite panel of celebrity "detectives" -- including Robin Thicke, Nicole Scherzinger, Ken Jeong, and Jenny McCarthy -- will try their best to guess the singers' secret identities, as viewers at home keep their eyes peeled for all the smallest and most revealing clues.
Tonight's episode has been teased for its never-before-seen twist that will supposedly change the entire future of the game -- although it's hard to know for sure how much of that is hype and how much is reality, but we sure can't wait to see!
The fun kicks off at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Fox, and you can watch and follow along as we delve into the glorious madness and bizarre, captivating chaos that is The Masked Singer season 4!
WOW! The Gremlin Unmasks!
Well, Jenny was right!
The Gremlin is Mickey Rourke!
Apparently, he got hot, and was tired of being on the show, so he decided to just end his time.
"They asked if I would be interested and so I watched from the beginning and s**t," Mickey explains.
When asked why he even was on the show, the Oscar-nominated actor says "because I was in the neighborhood."
So... I guess everyone else is just safe. So, that's good for them!
No, seriously, what's happening?
After the judges give their random guesses, The Gremlin decides he just wants to get the hell out of his costume.
Despite protests from the panel, and Nick, he starts pulling off his mask right as the show cut to commercial.
What is happening?!
The Gremlin Wants to Take a 'Stand'
The Gremlin is clearly an older gentleman, and there's a lot of history and almost what sounds like pain in his cover of "Stand By Me."
It sounds like if Johnny Cash came back to life to sing the tune, and Jenny is on the right track when she asks Robin if Gremlin "is like 100 years old?"
When asked what it meant to him to sing the song, The Gremlin says, "it meant a lot, because this song was sung by one of my best friends ever, Willy DeVille."
The Gremlin gets choked up as he talks about the tune, and how DeVille died a few years ago.
Robin says it might be Jerry Lee Lewis.
Jenny thinks it's Mickey Rourke.
Ken says it could be "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.
The Gremlin -- FIRST CLUES!!
- Says, "Despite my checkered history, I can actually be quite charming. A true romantic."
- Says, "You may have heard I can be a bit combative, but I have a fluffy side too."
- Says, "I adore all animals."
- Says he enjoys "bashing opponents with heavy objects for maximum impact."
- We see cooking imagery.
The Serpent Would Would Go '500 Miles' for Fame
The Serpent has to be someone Broadway worthy. Their performance of The Proclaimers' "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" is just too beautiful for someone who isn't a pro.
"Thank you so much for that," Nicole says in awe after the number.
Speaking to the panel, The Serpent says, "It's so surreal to be on the stage as a serpent. Music has the power to heal the world, and I love to be able to share this gift with you."
Nicole thinks it's John Legend.
Ken says it's Daveed Diggs.
Nicole suggests it could be Leslie Odom Jr.
The Serpent -- FIRST CLUES:
- We see an old timey map of "The Caribbean."
- Says he had to take a circular route to his fame, and when he was young he had to choose between medicine or musicology.
- Says he was a troublemaker.
- He's sitting next to two books titles "How To Dig Yourself Out of Debt" and "Serpent Manual
- Says his pops save him. His dad has a hat that says "Serpent Sr."
- Says, "I hope to lift everyone's spirits tonight."
Whatchamacallit Has a Big 'Wish'
After seemingly beaming onto stage, a la Star Trek, Whatchamacallit gets the audience dancing with a rendition of Skee-Lo's "I Wish."
It's probably one of the most engaging performances, and there's no question about Whatchamacallit's stage presence. He's a star, for sure, even if he's not a performer by trade.
"I feel like it's a professional artist, because he had too much swagger," Nicole suggests.
When asked about joining the show, the hairy creature says, "I love the name Whatchamacallit, because I can be whatever I want to be inside this, and to me, that's my true self to present to the world."
Nicole says it could be Swizz Beatz.
Ken suggests it's NBA star and aspiring rapper Damian Lillard (and, as bad as Ken is at guessing, when it comes to basketball stars he's got an impressive guessing track record).
Robin thinks it's could be Tyler, the Creator.
Whatchamacallit -- FIRST CLUES!!
- Says, "I'm magical, mythical, philosophistical, jazzy and snazzy and full of pizzazzy."
- Says, "People think I'm a shy guy, because I've let other's absorb my spotlight."
- Says, "I can dance with the stars, surf candy bars, buzz with the bees and swing from the keys."
- We see a black panther in the background, as well as some Jello molds.
- Says, "It's time to turn the tables on the world.
- We see a clock face with SO MANY CLUES. The numbers 278, then a music triangle, then "4.0," then a picture of The Bear from Season 3 (who turned out to be Sarah Palin) then the number 61 and 12 then a shrimp, a turn table and a pair of khaki slacks. Whew! That is too much for one second of screen time.
The Seahorse Feels Like the 'Only Girl'
There's no doubt that The Seahorse isn't a professional singer, and a fantastic one at that.
Her performance of Rihanna's "Only Girl (In the World)," sounds less like a cover and more like a recording, but it's not. It's just flawless.
Her sexy stage presence and undeniable charisma isn't lost on the panel either.
"That was amazing," Nick marvels.
"We might be looking at the winner of Season 4 right now," Nicole adds.
When asked how it is to be The Seahorse, she says, "It's so fun to just have this alter ego, honestly. And something about putting a mask on just lets you let it shine."
Jenny says it could be Halsey.
Nicole thinks it could be Hailee Steinfeld.
Robin suggests it could be Bebe Rexha.
The Seahorse -- FIRST CLUES!!
- The Seahorse has a Wild West-themed clue package, outside the "O.K. Coral"
- She's sitting around the campfire with two puppies, a dove and a stuffed rainbow lizard plush toy, having a tea party.
- Says, "All my life, I've been trapped by my insecurities and shyness, too scared to release the fire burning inside."
- Says, "You may call me melodramatic, but at times I've felt lost in this world."
- We see a horned hog, covered in warts. (Hogwarts reference, possibly?)
- Says, "Here, I get a chance to stop playing tug of war with myself, and finally expose the dauntless diva within."
- Talks about her "camouflaged armor."
- We see a sign called "Emotion Ocean."
The Baby Angel Has 'Faith' In Himself
Well, the Baby Alien sings and performs much more fluidly than expected!
For his number he sings George Michael's "Faith," and it's "out of this world," and Nick exclaims.
"I'm gonna adopt Baby Alien," Nicole says, before giving the hidden celeb credit for how hard it must be to perform and do puppetry on stage at the same time.
As an extra clue, Baby Alien, in a clearly fake Eastern European accent, says he's a big fan of Pussycat Dolls and a big fan of Jenny.
Jenny suggests it's Ralph Macchio.
Nicole thinks it could be Matt LeBlanc or David Schwimmer.
Ken thinks it's Freddie Prinze Jr.
Baby Alien -- -- FIRST CLUES!!
-- There's way to get any clue about body shape, so that's gonna be tougher.
- Says, "It's time for my re-birth. I've been stuck in second gear for a while."
- Says, "When I was in the cream of the crop circle, I was in a theater every week."
- Says he's been on the Tony Awards stage.
- Makes a reference to Lost In Space.
- We see a cracked Liberty Bell.
- We see a reference to the Ninja Turtles.
- Says, "As the puppet master, my destiny is in my hands."
It's The Crocodile's Life, and He'll Rock Out if He Wants To
When The Crocodile sings "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi, Jenny says it might actually be Bon Jovi, and for the first time ever, it seems possible that she's right!
This electricity-filled performance is epic, and The Crocodile has a true rocker's voice -- so it's impossible to tell if he's a pro or not, but he's certainly captivating.
"Oh my gosh, that was electrifying!" Nicole gushes after the performance. "That was crazy!"
The panel are making "First Impression" guesses again this week, so it'll be interesting to see how that pans out.
When asked what made him come on stage, he says, "I've had to have tough skin my whole life to survive, because I'm really sensitive on the inside, and being anonymous gives me the opportutnity to share my true self to the world."
Ken thinks it's Jon Hamm (for reasons that are flat-out baffling).
Nicole thinks it's Nick Lachey (who gets guessed every season).
Robin suggests it could be Donnie Wahlberg. (I just can't imagine it'll every be Donnie. It's also guessed every season, and it just won't ever be Jenny's husband.)
The Crocodile -- FIRST CLUES!!
- Says, "Soon I'll croon and make you swoon."
- Says, "Becoming the crocodile was a natural selection, because I'm happiest in water."
- We see him sliding down a slip-and-slide with red balloon arches.
- Says, "Ever since I was a kid, growing up in Hollywood, surrounded by heartache and instability, I was forced to develop a thick skin.
- He's in a restaurant, and on the table is a pineapple filled with fish and an Italian flag.
- Says he's a "warm, sensitive creature who just wants to be loved back."
- We see a rainbow streak across the sky behind him.
- We see a Hotel sign with red arrows pointed toward it, and a lot of fountains. Possibly a reference to Vegas?
- Says he'll make "a wicked big splash."
Who'se Facing Off Tonight?
Tonight, we've got Group B facing off!
Tonight's masked singers include The Crocodile, Baby Alien, The Seahorse, Thingamajig's hairier cousin Whatchamacallit, The Serpent and The Gremlin!
Side note: How great is it that they aren't repeating the mistake from Season 3 of showing the same group of singers over and over for weeks at a time? This is just way more entertaining, and it'll make it harder to crack the clues.
Things Are Gonna Be Different!
It looks like tonight's shocking reveal might actually live up to the hype!
If the intro is any indication, one of tonight's singers from Group B is going to remove their own mask before the voting even takes place! It's unclear why, but the look on the panelists faces makes it look like this could be a true shock.
Nick says in voice over that it will be an unmasking that "shatters all the rules!" There's still a good chance it's all a bunch of dramatic editing and nonsense, but I have to admit I'm enticed.