Moonlight, Transparent and Shadowhunters were among the big winners at the 28th Annual GLAAD Media Awards, which took place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles, California, on Saturday.
The event honored film, television and media for their fair and inclusive representation of the LGBTQ community. Those in attendance wore blue “&” pins to mark the organization’s Together movement, which aims to address immigration, racial justice and women’s rights issues.
EXCLUSIVE: Patricia Arquette Calls Alexis’ Oscars ‘In Memoriam’ Snub ‘a Real Slight to the Trans Community’
Patricia Arquette received this year’s Vanguard Award for her work as a longtime ally and supporter of the LGBTQ community.
The 48-year-old actress also paid tribute to her late sister, Alexis, known as one of the first transgender activists in Hollywood, who died last September from complications related to HIV/AIDS. She was 47.
See the full list of award winners below.
• Vanguard Award: Patricia Arquette
• Stephen F. Kolzak Award: Troye Sivan
• Outstanding Film – Wide Release: Moonlight
• Outstanding Drama Series: Shadowhunters
• Outstanding Comedy Series: Transparent
• Outstanding Film – Limited Release: Other People
• Outstanding TV Movie or Limited Series: Eyewitness
• Outstanding Individual Episode: "San Junipero" Black Mirror
• Outstanding Daily Drama: The Bold and The Beautiful
• Outstanding Comic Book: The Woods
• Special Recognition Award: Her Story (web-series)
• Special Recognition Award: We’ve Been Around (web-series)
• Special Recognition Award: Sin Ir Más Lejos" by Gema Corredera (music video)
RELATED: Patricia Arquette To Be Honored at 28th Annual GLAAD Media Awards
Spanish Language Winners:
• Outstanding Music Artist: Kany García, Limonada
• Outstanding Local TV Journalism: "A la calle por quien soy" Noticias 34
• Outstanding Newspaper Article: "Las discretas batallas LGBTI ganadas en Guatemala" by Sonia Pérez D
• Outstanding Digital Journalism Article: "6 mujeres transgénero exitosas que rompen moldes en América Latina" by Leire Ventas
GLAAD will be holding a second ceremony in New York City on May 6.
The 28th annual GLAAD Media Awards will air exclusively on Logo this Thursday, April 6 at 10 p.m. ET/PT, 9 p.m. CT, after the world broadcast premiere of Strike A Pose.