The Masked Singer returns on Wednesday, and ET will be following along throughout the entire hour-long episode to break down all the biggest moments, best performances, and most revealing clues.
Fox's smash hit reality singing series has a whole new slew of singers this week, and fans will get to see Group C in action for the first time. The T-Rex, The Rhino, The Astronaut, The Bear, The Swan -- and whatever The Night Angel is -- will music-battle it out to try to stay in the game.
Meanwhile, the show's celebrated panel of celebrity "detectives" -- including Robin Thicke, Nicole Scherzinger, Ken Jeong, and Jenny McCarthy -- will do their absolute best to deduce the contestants' clandestine alter egos while fans at home keep their eyes peeled for all the smallest and most revealing clues.
The fun kicks off at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Fox, and you can watch and follow along as we delve into the glorious madness and bizarre, captivating chaos that is The Masked Singer!
And the Star Is...
This might be the biggest, most unexpected unmasking ever -- not because of star power but just because of how left-field it is.
The Bear is, no joke, Sarah Palin. No one can believe it.
"The bear is part of my nickname growing up," Palin said, explaining the costume.
"This is the weirdest thing I've ever done. But it's all about fun, it's all about unity. This is all good. This is something our country needs right now."
"Celebrate big butts! Everybody needs that," Nick adds, laughing.
And then Sarah Palin performs "Baby Got Back" with Nick Cannon, unmasked. This might be the most pure, raw moment of weirdness in Masked Singer history, and that bar was already really high.
"I've seen it all," Robin says in awe as he watches the former Governor and Vice Presidential candidate rap. "I've literally seen everything now."
Panelists' Final Guesses
As Nicole admits, this secret identity is "hella hard" to figure out.
Panelists' Final Guesses:
Nicole says Christina Applegate.
Jenny says it's Candace Cameron Bure.
Ken says it's Jodie Sweetin.
Robin says it's Tina Fey.
The Contestant Going Home Is:
The moment of truth has come! The six Group C singers have to get cut down to five, who will then move on to next week's Group C play-offs.
After all the costumes contestants gave it their all this week, it's up to the audience and judges to vote on who should stay, and the singer with the fewest votes is going home.
Once the votes are cast (and the frustrating cliffhanger commercial break is thrown our way), it's revealed that the star going home is The Bear!
The Swan Has a Sultry Fever
Clearly taped before the coronavirus outbreak became such a huge issue in the US, The Swan sings "Fever" by Peggy Lee, and it's absolutely amazing.
The Swan has an amazing voice for someone who doesn't seem like a professional singer -- but she's clearly here to win.
"They can swim at 60 miles an hour, and I live my life in overdrive," The Swan hints. "So the only way to get things done is to do them fast!"
Ken says Nina Dobrev.
Nicole thinks it's Jennifer Love Hewitt.
Robin thinks it's Sarah Michelle Gellar.
The Swan -- FIRST CLUES!!
- Says, "The swan is known for it's fierceness."
- Says, "I am The Swan because I refuse to be tuned out."
- One of the Men in Black has vampire fangs.
- The whole clue package is told as a poem.
- Says, "I'm euphoric and flush with fever as I perform for you."
We Have to Have a Little Faith in The Rhino
Given his big build and booming voice, everyone is surprised when The Rhino came out and proved his vocal talent with a cover of John Hiatt's "Have A Little Faith In Me Lyrics."
When asked how The Rhino prepared for his role, he said, "I went to my home gym, turned the music up as loud as I could and just danced and danced until I found the inner clue in me that didn't have a care in the world."
Jenny suggests it could be Jason Aldean.
Ken says Tim Tebow, and Robin thinks it's actually a good guess.
Nicole says Tim McGraw, and Robin thinks it's "a great guess."
The Rhino -- FIRST CLUES!!
- Says, "While my exterior looks tough and callous, I'm really just a gentle giant."
- Says, "Being on top became an addiction. When I wasn't on top, I crashed and burned."
- We see a photo of the Grand Ole' Opry.
- Says, "I'm here to take a leap of faith, just outside my comfort zone."
- We see him riding a motorcycle up a ramp.
The T-Rex Is a Real Rockstar
The T-Rex is a rockstar -- whether or not she's a professional musician. She proves she has both an amazing stage presence and a rocking voice with an epic, energetic cover of Pink's "So What."
When asked why she chose her costume, The T-Rex said, "I love the feeling of being fierce and untamed."
Ken says it's one of the Kardashians (because, honestly, I think he's trying to capitalize on being the show's signature bad guesser).
Jenny suggests Maddie Ziegler.
Nicole thinks it might be Rebecca Black.
The T-Rex -- FIRST CLUES!!
- Says, "Wanna hear the story of my journey? A tale of evolution. Of glory, of survival?"
- Says, "Like the dinosaur, I was discovered by another," who took her to an island filled with other dinosaurs -- "a sisterhood of friends."
- Says a cataclysmic event changed her world forever.
- We see a map with W and N circled.
- We see her in an interrogation room, and she sits on a baby doll.
- We see a golden letter "U" balloon floating in a tree.
The Astronaut Doesn't Need Spectacle to Wow
The Astronaut came out to the stage with no big set design or elaborate back-up dancers (other than one flag-waving ballerina), and wowed with a cover of "You Say" by Lauren Daigle.
"I don't know who you are, but it says a lot about your spirit and your soul, because you sang your heart out," Nicole gushes. "Thanks for being so vulnerable."
"People say the sky's the limit, but when your an astronaut, the sky is just the beginning," The Astronaut tells the judges. "And even though I started at a young age, I feel like I'm just getting started."
Ken says it's Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson.
Jenny says it's "boy-bander" Lance Bass.
Nicole suggests it could be Zac Efron.
The Astronaut -- FIRST CLUES!!
- Says, "I've always dreamt of flying high."
- Says, "I've been hungering to explore new territories."
- We see a broom floating in his spaceship.
- Says, "The idea of endless possibilities gets my heart throbbing."
- After crashing his spaceship, he says, "Not a pitch perfect landing, but I'm here."
The Bear Belts a Karaoke Favorite
The Bear clearly has a lot of personality, even if she doesn't have a lot of singing experience (although that doesn't seem to matter -- just look at The White Tiger).
After a performance of "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot., The Bear says she loves singing in the mask.
"To not being able to see anything out of this is nice. It takes a little bit of edge off the world. Everything is a little nicer and sweeter."
Ken says Tonya Harding.
Robin says Tina Fey.
Jenny says it could be Candace Cameron Bure.
Nicole also busts out an AMAZING Britney Spears impression but makes no guesses.
The Bear -- FIRST CLUES!!
- Says, "In my life, I've been both the hunter and the hunted."
- Says, "After years of hearing all the phoney baloney, I'm sick of people not knowing who I really am."
- Says, "Under this mask, I've found the courage to come out of my cave and face the world head on."
- We see a par of hockey skates.
- She calls herself a "Mama Bear" and says she's been in hibernation."
The Night Angel Gives Love a Bad Name
Group C kicks things off big with The Night Angel's mesmerizing first number, belting out Bon Jovi's "Shot Through the Heart."
"By far, the best performance all season," Jenny marvels.
When asked what she likes about her character, The Night Angel says, "I really love the duality of The NIght Angel, the fact that she can be so sweet, and sometimes she's just bad."
Robin says Taylor Dayne.
Jenny says Monica.
Nicole things it's Lil' Kim.
The Night Angel -- FIRST CLUES!!
The Night Angel:
- Says, "Doors habe always opened for me."
- Says "While fame has sometime brought me down like a landslide, I've always been able to find a light."
- Says, "It's my perrogarive to have a good time."
- We see a door with a number '4.'
- One room has four Men In Black dressed like old ladies or grandmas.
Just the Main Panelists
There's no guest panelist joining the core four tonight, so we're getting back to basics this week after T-Pain's appearance last week.
As Nick points out the panel is 2 for 6 at guessing identities, so let's see if they improve that stat this week.
Give a Warm Welcome to Group C
We're still not sure how to feel about the significant change-up in The Masked Singer's format -- where the same group of contestants compete three weeks in a row before we meet new ones -- but getting to see six brand new stars take the stage feels like a breath of fresh air.
We're going to get some brand new clues, get surprised by some unexpected voices (hopefully) and get a good look at these not-yet-seen costumes.
Also, the waking nightmare that is The Night Angel costume will finally be explained. What is a Night Angel? Why does it look like something from a David Lynch movie? We might finally get answers to these questions!
Also, Nick teases that "Tonight's unmasking might take your breath away," so it might actually be a big deal!
Let's get this show on the road!
(Note: Live Blogging kicks off at 8 p.m. ET, 5 p.m. PT).