Group B is taking the stage tonight, meaning fans are getting the chance to see performances, and clue packages, from The Black Swan, Grandpa Monster, The Chameleon, The Phoenix and The Piglet!
Meanwhile, America's favorite panel of celebrity "detectives" -- including Robin Thicke, Nicole Scherzinger, Ken Jeong, and Jenny McCarthy, as well as guest host Niecy Nash -- will try their best to guess the singers' secret identities, as viewers at home keep their eyes peeled for all the smallest and most revealing clues.
The fun kicks off at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Fox, and you can watch and follow along as we delve into the glorious madness and bizarre, captivating chaos that is The Masked Singer season 5!
And The Unmasked Star Is...
... Caitlyn Jenner!
As it turns out, Jenny's reign as an amazing guesser continues! And even when Ken gets it right, he managaes to second guess himself and get it wrong.
"Ken, you've always been an idiot!" Caitlyn declares as Ken doubles over in laughter. "What are we gonna do with you?"
When asked why she decided to do Masked Singer, Caitlyn explains, "I've always liked challenges.... doing somethin new, something different. So it was fun."
"Life's short, you've got to enjoy it" she added with a smile. "Thank you for having me... It was a lot of fun to do!"
Robin's First Impression: Laverne Cox Robin's Final Guess: Laverne Cox
Nicole's First Impression: Perez Hilton Nicole's Final Guess: Jonathan Van Ness
Ken's First Impression: Caitlyn Jenner Ken's Final Guess: RuPaul
Jenny's First Impression: Caitlyn Jenner Jenny's Final Guess: Caitlyn Jenner
And the Contestant Going Home Is...
... The Phoenix, which sadly isn't a huge surprise, even though they seemed super fun.
This means Grandpa Monster, The Chameleon, The Piglet and The Black Swan will be advancing to the next round.
It's hinted that The Lobster is going to be the Wild Card contestant when Group B performs again.
It's Time To Vote!
All the songs have been sung and the guesses have been made, so it's time for the audience to vote for their favorite singer of the night!
Of course we won't find out who it is until after the commercial break! These cliffhanger commercial breaks are the worst!
To be fair, there's really only one logical option, but we'll have to see if the votes prove to be as shocking as last week.
We get another visit from Cluedle-Doo in his weird control room, and he says one clue people should pay attention to from Piglet's package was the alarm clock in the background set to 6 p.m.
"The panel didn't pick up on this clue, but you should, because it's full of buzz!" he teases.
The Piglet Leaves Us Speechless
Well that was unexpected! The Piglet brings things down a bit to close out the show with a beautiful romantic ballad that he pulls of beautifully.
Gently crooning "Speechless" by Dan + Shay -- while his silly propeller beanie spins madly on his head -- it's one of those great, surreal Masked Singer moments that makes you feel like your having some sort of fever dream.
The vocals are on point, the moves are solid (especially considering the costume) and the number ends with some sparkling pyrotechnics.
"Wow, I did not expect that," Ken shares. "If season 5 is a game changer, quite frankly, it's game over. You are amazing. Great job!"
He tells the panel, "Well, I only found out I was doing this show about four days ago, so it's been quite an adrenaline rush. But, let's face it, I'm a ham! I love being on stage!"
Ken thinks it could be Adam Lambert.
Nicole suggests it could be Charlie Puth or possibly Liam Hemsworth.
The Piglet -- FIRST CLUES!!
- Cluedle-Doo's clue is, 'Piglet knowns how to stay cool, even in the heat."
- His clue package looks like a parody of The Bachelor, only called Love in the Mud.
- Says, "My name is Piglet, I'm [redacted]-years old and I'm from [redacted]."
- We see a clock set to 6pm in the background next to two candles.
- Says, "I haven't always been lucky in love. I admit, I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic."
- We see a pink question mark bouncing on a romantic date bench.
- Says, "I'm guilty of dropping the L-word on a second day. But when you know, you know, right?"
- Says, "Sure I've given away a few roses, and the world saw my heart break, and I learned that some flowers have very sharp thorns."
- We see a white rose laying on a table.
- Says, "That's never stopped me from continuing to wear my heart on my sleeve," and we see an animated tattoo of a heart, with an axe across it.
- Says, "This may sound crazy, but I see a future on that stage," while holding a lollipop.
- We see a fortune cookie cracked open and the fortune reads "Golden Mask."
- Says, "So will you accept this pile of mud? It may only be the first round, but I'm falling for you already!"
Despite not being in studio, Nick shared a special gift for Ken in his absence -- a child's booster seat.
"Ken, it's your own little booster!" Robin jokes, as Ken looks on annoyed.
The Phoenix Doesn't Exactly Burn the House Down
After an absolutely awesome laser light intro and some cool pyrotechnics -- very apropos for a phoenix, we hear how she sings and, well, it's clear they are not a professional singer. Or a non-professional singer. It's entirely possible they've never sung before.
That being said, there's something fun and engaging about the way they rhythmically recite the lyrics to Kesha's hit "Tik Tok," and it gets the panel on their feet and dancing, so that's something!
"Oh my god, The Phoenix is a good time," Nicole shared.
"I can tell you that Phoenix and I have the exact same singing voice," Jenny jokes. "So I'm gonna say it's spectacular!"
When asked if the wings took any getting used to, Phoenix tells the panel, "Wings aren't new to me! I fly all the time. In fact, I flew with one of you recently. But, we never met."
Nicole things Jonathan Van Ness.
Jenny suggests it could be Caitlyn Jenner.
Ken thinks it could be RuPaul.
The Phoenix -- FIRST CLUES!!
- Cluedle-Doo's clue is, "Phoenix only has one speed -- 76 MPG."
- Says, "OK, here's the tea. When people see me, they always see a winner, baby!"
- We see some candle lanterns and a tea set.
- Says, 'While I've graced the cover of many magazines, I've actually hidden behind a mask for most of my life. Even from those that I love the most, like my superhero dad, who taught me how to shoot for the stars. So I did."
- She opens a briefcase that reads "Time Capsule" with the "ME" capitalized.
- She pulls put a telescope with the words "Hope Scope 81" written on the side.
- We see a constellation in the stars depicting a sports car.
- Says, "Eventually, millions saw me as a super hero! But the more I focused on pleasing others the farther I got from who I was."
- We see an eagle constellation flap its wings as other bird constellations fly around in the stars.
- We see three oranges sitting on a table.
- There's a framed photo of The Phoenix as a kid next to his dad, standing beside an American flag cake with the state up liberty on top
- Says, "My dad was proud of what I did, but I often wonder if he'd be proud of who I am. I'll never know. I missed my chance to tell him my truth, and it's my biggest regret. But it taught me there's no time to waste."
- She stands behind six smaller Phoenixes.
- We see a star constellation showing ballet shoes.
- Says, 'Tonight, I'm stepping back into the winner's circle, because this old bird still knows how turn heads."
The Chameleon Takes Us for a Ride
The Chameleon has a lot of strengths, and one is definitely song selection. Opting to go with a fan favorite, The Chameleon wins over the crowd with a fun performance of Nelly's "Ride Wit Me," which really is a song that's hard not to like.
The Chameleon definitely knows how to put on a show, and isn't nervous to perform for people at all. This performance had a lot of fun energy and there's an effortless charisma to his stage presence.
"Chameleon, can I just tell you how much I loved that performance?" Jenny shares. "Honestly, I looked over at Nicole and we both started swooning, because you have this beautiful tone in your voice. I would by that album tomorrow, with you singing on it."
The Chameleon says, "I love being in front of people, whether it's on stage or in your home."
Niecy says she's close to him, and she feels he's got an athlete's body.
Ken thinks it could be Dwight Howard.
Robin suggests he could be Redfoo.
Nicole floats the possibility that he could be Nick Cannon(?!?!?).
The Chameleon -- FIRST CLUES!!
- Cluedle-Doo's clue is "Chameleon has a history with precious gemstones."
- The Chameleon is VERY tall.
- The clue package has a very retro-80s futurism vibe.
- Says, "Ready for a wild ride? Because I'm one in Chamillion."
- He's riding a motorcycle with red fuzzy dice featuring the numbers "2" and "3" and a license plate that reads "Camoflag."
- Says, "Unlike most of my fellow cams, I don't just blend in, I put the tech in technicolor."
- Says his love of technology, "Is all because of my pops, who taught me to keep up with the times."
- We see a Polaroid of another chameleon taped to a computer monitor with "DAD" written below.
- We see "007" on one of the computer monitors.
- He's reading a book called I.T. (or, it could be a reference to the horror novel It).
- Says his dad "encouraged me to tinker with every gizmo and gadget around. Even some wild creations?"
- We see him playing an old 8-Bit video game starring himself on a motorcycle. At one point her crashed and flies into a hole in the ground next to a "Beware of Pit" sign.
- Says, "Years later, when my career almost tanked and I felt totally lost, I leaned back on what he taught me and used those tech-savvy skills from my childhood to amplify my career and change the game."
We get a quick look at his conspiracy board and see some bonus clues:
- Next to a picture of The Seashell we see a post-it note that reads "G. DE"
- Says, "Brand new wildcard singers are coming to shake things up."
- A few of the TV screens behind him give small glimpses at the wild card costumes.
Grandpa Monster Pulls a Fast One
As I expected, the big twist with Grandpa Monster is that he might not be as old as he's letting on. As the number starts, Grandpa Monster throws his walker off to the side and shows off his moves.
And her can certainly move! He also has a fairly impressive voice as he croons a fun cover of Lou Bega's "Mambo No. 5."
As Jenny points out during the performance, Grandpa Monster seems to have a very young voice, and with his occasional laugh, he seems to have a sense of humor about himself and the strangeness of this show as a whole.
"That was so much fun, you had us laughing and you kept us surprised the entire performance," Nicole marvels.
He says, "I think a lot of people assume they know me, and the Masked Singer gave me an opportunity to start fresh."
Robin thinks it could be Johnny Manziel.
Jenny suggests pro wrestler The Miz.
Ken thinks it's Scott Disick.
After all the not-great guesses, Grandpa Monster throws down his mic in anger and storms off set.
Grandpa Monster -- FIRST CLUES!!
- Cluedle-Doo's clue is, "Grandpa Monster has trained for battle before."
- His clue package takes place on a beach.
- Says, "Hey young whippersnappers. Reflecting on my long life, I can't believe the trouble making fool I was as a youngster."
- We see a flashback to his grade school days.
- On a blackboard we see a football play in chalk that looks like the number '6.'
- Says he was "always acting out to get all eyes on me."
- Says "A teacher pulled me aside after class and made me see I was smarter that the character I was playing."
- He gets a 97% on a scantron test.
- Says, "I decided then to put the 'I' in Einstein, and I became a star pupil."
- We see an animation of a shooting star land inside a spider web.
- We see a kettlebell weight on the beach which reads "6.2 Tons"
- Says, "I'm still working to shake my bad reputation, so when this old monster takes his mask off, I hope you're not afraid of who I was a long time ago."
- We see two Men in Black playing with a pink beach ball.
The Black Swan Has an Powerful Bite
Kicking things off with some aweome rock vibes, The Black Swan is all badass attitude as she walks out of a cloud of fog, past a black motorcycle and belts out the iconic hit "Barracuda" by Heart.
The Black Swan is definitely a singer -- at the very least she's got some pro experience -- and she knows how to own a stage as she delivers an epic opening number that has set the bar high for Group B. She doesn't even need any back-up dancers and manages to really fill the whole space with her energy and charisma.
"Group B is not messing around!" Nicole marvels. "That performance was incredible!"
The Black Swan tells the panel, "This is so far out of my comfort zone, but that's exactly why I'm here. I just love being The Black Swan right now."
Ken suggests it could be Anya Taylor-Joy.
Jenny guesses Camila Cabello.
Nicole says it could be Leona Lewis.
The Black Swan -- FIRST CLUES!!
The Black Swan:
- Cluedle-Doo's clue is, "Black Swan has covered a monster."
- Says, "Black swans, like me, are incredibly rare. But I didn't factor in that my talent might make me someone else's prey."
- We see a Wanted posted with Black Swan on in, with the reward being a "voucher."
- The Black Swan wanders through a snow-covered forest of birch trees.
- We see the Black Swan get trapped in a net.
- We see a swinging pocket watch with the number '5' on it.
- Says, "I was caught up, hypnotized by a Hollywood deal I couldn't resist. One that would make my dreams come true."
- We see a red bishop chess piece and a diamond ring.
- Says, "There was a steep price. I fell under it's spell and I was worried I would never see the light of day again."
- She walks through clouds and onto a big red X.
- Says she was rescued "all of the sudden" when her "faithful flock flew to my rescue and set me free."
- She's now in a princess castle as white doves fly by.
- She holds up a red square or card in her hand.
- Says, "I'm here to show the world that I'm in control and I'm here to own that stage."
St. Patrick's Puns!
So, since this is airing on St. Patrick's Day, the show has decided to needs to be themed around the Irish holiday. Which means Nick's pun-packed voice over intro includes such wordplay gems as "they are ready to Shamrock and roll," and, 'It aint over till it's clover."
We've also got Ken throwing out golden coins from a pot while rocking shamrock glasses. This is fun. It feels like a bit of a stretch, but it's fun.
Tonight, we're going to get to meet Group B!
This means we'll hear performances and clue packages from The Chameleon, The Phoenix, The Piglet, Grandpa Monster and The Black Swan.
Kicking Things Off In Miniature
After circus-themed opening number last week, this episode is starting off inside a miniature doll house (and features Nick's voice over once again).
Also, they show a clip from the big reveal from last week's premiere, and I'm still shocked and baffled that The Snail was Kermit the Frog.
Also, I'm fairly certain this intro will have super-fans pausing and pouring over every miniature room for clues that may or may not even be there.
If you're trying to crack the mystery of the costumed contestants like the rest of America, check out our running list of spoilers, hints and best guesses, where we break down all the clue packages and make wild (surprisingly accurate) predictions about the singers' secret identities.
"You know what, it was a pretty cool feeling," Kermit told ET's Nischelle Turner after being unmasked. "You know, I've been in movies, I've been on TV, I've done a lot in my career but I've never tried to sing from inside a snail. This was a once-in-a-lifetime chance, so I leapt at it."