Charlotte Rampling is taking a slight step back on the controversial comments she made regarding the campaign to boycott the 2016 Oscars.
On Friday, the 69-year-old actress -- who is nominated for Best Actress for her role in 45 Years -- issued a statement to CBS Sunday Morning to further explain what she meant by saying the boycott is "racist to whites."
WATCH: Celebrities Who Have Spoken Out About the Lack of Diversity at the Oscars
"I regret that my comments could have been misinterpreted this week in my interview with [France's] Europe 1 Radio," she clarified, shared by CBS This Morning: Saturday co-host Anthony Mason. "I simply meant to say that in an ideal world every performance will be given equal opportunities for consideration."
"I am very honored to be included in this year's wonderful group of nominated actors and actresses," she added. "Diversity in our industry is an important issue that needs to be addressed. I am highly encouraged by the changes announced today by the Academy to diversify its membership."
As ET previously reported, Rampling told the French radio network that "perhaps the black actors did not deserve to make the final list," later asking, "Why classify people? These days everyone is more or less accepted."
"People will always say: 'Him, he's less handsome'; 'Him, he's too black'; 'He is too white' ... someone will always be saying 'You are too' [this or that]," she continued. "But do we have to take from this that there should be lots of minorities everywhere?"
NEWS: Academy Announces Changes to Increase Diversity After #OscarsSoWhite Boycott
Her remarks follow a number of celebrities -- including Stacey Dash, Jada Pinkett Smith, Chris Rock and Reese Witherspoon -- who have commented on the outcry over all 20 of the acting nominations at this year's Academy Awards going to white actors for the second year in a row.
To hear what other A-listers have said about the lack of diversity, watch the video below.