Fox's smash hit who-sung-it reality competition is bringing back Group A this week -- made up of the same contestants we saw compete in the premiere -- for a big playoff challenge. The Llama, The White Tiger, The Kangaroo, Miss Monster and The Turtle are battling it out in an effort to wow the audience and stay in the game.
Everyone's favorite panel of celebrity "detectives" -- including Robin Thicke, Nicole Scherzinger, Ken Jeong, and Jenny McCarthy, along with a special guest panelist who will be revealed during the show -- are trying their best to guess the singers' secret identities, as fans at home keep their eyes peeled for all the smallest and most revealing clues.
The fun kicks off at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Fox, and you can watch and follow along as we delve into the glorious madness and bizarre, captivating chaos that is The Masked Singer!(Note: Live Blogging kicks off at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT).
Who Is Under the Mask?
Panelists' Final Guesses:
Robin says Adam Carolla.
Jason says Johnny Knoxville.
Jenny says Kelsey Grammer.
Nicole says Woody Harrelson.
Ken says Joel McHale.
So who is it really? The one and only Drew Carey!
"The package didn't say I'm FROM Seattle. I'm in Seattle all the time because I own a part of the Seattle Sounders," Carey said, explaining his clues.
"The show looked like a lot of fun and I like having a goof and a lot of laughs," Carey said, explaining why he did the show." This is a great show! I had a blast."
Which Costumed Contestant Is Heading Home?
After all five contestants perform their hearts out, it's up to the audience and the judges to vote on who should stay, and the singer with the least votes gets sent home.
So after all the votes were cast -- and one interminable commercial break -- we find out that it's The Llama who will soon be unmasked!
The Turtle Doesn't Want to Let Go
The Turtle shows a softer side in tonight's performance, showcasing his powerful voice and emotional rang with a rendition of James Arthur's "Say You Won't Let Go."
"It was beautiful, it was dynamic vocally. You pulled us all in, good job," Robin shares.
For his clue, The Turtle says, "I was voted most likely to hunt for booty. And I have, often."
Ken says it could be AJ McLean.
Robin thinks it could be Billie Joe Armstrong (because "green turtle equals Green Day").
Jason says it might be Darius Rucker, and then thinks his own guess is dumb.
Nicole thinks it's Zac Efron.
The Turtle -- NEW CLUES!!
- Says, 'Being here feels like such an opportunity to break out of my shell."
- The clue package takes place in a high school cafeteria.
- Says, "People have always expected me to act in a certain way. That really tests me! I want to rebel from all that."
- We see a menu with "Seafood De Jour - Dover Sole. Slow-Cooked Beets. Ginger Snaps."
- He pulls the fire alarm and rocks out, playing air guitar with a baseball bat.
- He gets detention and has to write, "Don't Rave Ever At My School" on a black board."
- He picks up an inflatable orange guitar.
- Says, "You can punish me all you want for being myself, but if I want to sing a love song, I'm gonna sing a love song."
The Kangaroo Is Up to No Good
The Kangaroo might have the best performance of the night (maybe tying with Miss Monster) with her rendition of "You Know I'm No Good," by Amy Winehouse.
"In my opinion, you're the front runner right now," Robin says. "You're my favorite so far."
As for The Kangaroo's clue, she says, "I was voted most likely to appear on a list with Seal and Mike Tyson, and I may have been."
Robin says WNBA star Candace Parker.
Jason says it could be Tatyana Ali.
Ken thinks it's Gabrielle Union, because she's married to Dwyane Wade.
The Kangaroo -- NEW CLUES!!
- We see a sign that says "Kangaroo Kourt." (Implying she was unfairly judged or convicted by someone about something, perhaps in the court of public opinion? But also possibly a Kardashians reference?)
- Says, "Keeping it 100, recently it seems like I've been watching my life from the sidelines. And to be honest, it's scary putting myself in the spotlight again."
- Says, "Sometimes it feels like everyone is against me. But I know I just need to have courage and get back in the game."
- We see some cosmetics and make-up on a bench.
- She plays basketball with a bunch of guys wearing the number 23 on all their red jerseys.
- Says, "I'm already feeling more confident, and I'm determined to make the most of this fresh start."
- One of the people playing basketball has the name "Deejay" on his jersey.
- Says, "I'm owning this underdog story and I'm not pulling any punches."
- She kicks a person in the face and a cartoon blue bird (like a Twitter logo) flies around his head.
- She says, 'Plus, I gotta be a role model for my little 'roo! This is my time to fight back. There's no way I'm going home now."
The White Tiger Gives Off "Good Vibrations"
For his second performance, The White Tiger proves just how important personality can be on a show like this.
He sings "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, and it's, well, it's not technically "good," but it's fun.
"You could have muted the song and it still would have been an incredibly entertaining performance," Robin says, sending his co-stars into fits of laughter.
Also, Nicole says she's "here for the big C," which apparently means "conviction" but her co-stars all have their minds in the gutter.
As for his additional hint: "I was voted most likely to go to the mat for a friend, and I did, literally!"
Jason says it could be Hulk Hogan.
Robin suggests it could be Rob Gronkowski (which is also our guess).
The White Tiger -- NEW CLUES!!
The White Tiger:
- Says, "I had no idea how much work would go into taking a stage like this."
- His clue package takes place in a high school library. There's a "No Talking" sign on a table, and one of the show's Men In Black sleeping at a table.
- We see a book called "Wild World of Cats."
- Says, "I'm putting in the time to hone this new craft."
- We see a blonde woman in a pink sweater in the library! Could this be someone related to the star under the mask? This is new for the clue packages. They usually only have the show's Men In Black in them.
- Says, "I'm putting in the time to hone this new craft. To put the mass in Mask.
- We see a photo of a skiing cow.
- Says, "My motto is, 'Work hard, play harder.' I'm no stranger to celebrating, I love a good block party. And this may sound kinda crazy, but dancing heals my body after taking a beating. So I'm ready to cut a rug on that stage tonight and tear it up."
- He rips apart a pinata in the shape of a horse.
Miss Monster Gets 'Fancy'
This week, Miss Monster shows off a more soulful side to her voice with a performance of Bobbie Gentry's "Fancy" that she infuses with a skillful country twang that further cemented in the panelists minds that she's definitely a music legend under her mask.
"That was epic, that was so good... I feel like were in the presence of an icon," Ken marvels.
Robin adds that she's clearly a great singer.
"I was voted most likely to be in the presence of royalty," Miss Monster says for her additional clue.
Jenny thinks it could be Mary Wilson of The Supremes.
Jason suggests it could be Priscilla Presley.
Ken insanely suggests it could be Celine Dion.
Miss Monster -- NEW CLUES!!
- Says, "I'm happy people loved my first performance, even without know who I was."
- Says, "No I can just focus on being an artist."
- She recreates the nude sketching scene from Titanic, and draws The Monster from Season 1, who asks her to "Draw me like one of your French monsters."
- She's drawing a butterfly on a piece of paper.
- We see a Queen chess piece.
- Says, "People say, 'Miss Monster, Miss Monster, you can't do it all.' But why not try?"
- We see crayons and colored chalk and a purple fur-covered notebook.
- Says, "You've gotta stand up for yourself and just dance."
- Says, "Tonight, I want you to see I'm just like Mr. Monster: Capable of anything and full of love!"
The Llama Is Definitely 'Unusual'
There's a wonderful irony to listening to a man in a four-legged Llama costume singing Tom Jones' "It's Not Unusual,' because it most definitely is.
While The Llama doesn't appear to be a professional singer, Jenny admits that he "upped his game" from last week, and it's hard to argue.
Apparently, the show is really going in on it's whole "Masked Singer Class of 2020" theme, and their added clues are based on what they have been voted "most likely" to achieve.
"I was voted most likely to be near firing Cannons," The Llama said, unhelpfully.
Jason says it could be Johnny Knoxville.
Ken says it could be Joel McHale (because Joel and the Llama "both have the same dumb face").
Jenny thinks it could be Zach Galifianakis.
Nicole thinks it could be Matthew McConaughey or Woody Harrelson... apparently.
The Llama -- NEW CLUES!!
-Says, "LLama-ste (as in, Namaste) to all my woolly fans in the land."
- Says, "I'm having such a good time here with my four legs. Now I want to keep the laughs rolling in."
- We see him playing the accordion to an empty theater.
- My strategy is to approach this competition the same way I approached my career. For a while, I was spinning my wheels, but then I started to envision my success, and to think on my feet."
- Says, "I'll be the greatest of all time. The GOAT."
Week 2 -- New Guest Panelists, Same Costumed Contestants!
The Masked Singer is back, and so are the same singers we saw during the premiere. Apparently, the way this season works is that they are revealing the contestants a little more slowly this time around, to keep up guessing.
However, there is one new face this time around! Guest panelist Jason Biggs is joining the crew to try and help break down tonight's clues!
It'll be fun to see what he brings to the table. It looks like he's going to really put his mind to solving the mysteries.