Group A took the stage once again tonight, giving fans a chance to see performances, and clue packages, from The Sun, The Giraffe, The Popcorn and The Snow Owls, who will duke it out for a spot in the Group A finals.
Everyone's favorite panel of celebrity "detectives" -- including Robin Thicke, Nicole Scherzinger, Ken Jeong, and Jenny McCarthy -- tried their best to guess the singers' secret identities, as fans at home kept their eyes peeled for all the smallest and most revealing clues.
The fun kicked off at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Fox. Scroll down to see the glorious madness and bizarre, captivating chaos that was this episode of The Masked Singer season 4!
The Giraffe Explains the Clues!
"We were best friends as teenagers!" Robin says, shocked, as Brian notes one of his clues (about the "Robin" on his shoulder) was actually about the panelist, who is his neighbor.
The actor also says he was sure Ken was onto him. "When you were saying Megan Fox, I was like, 'Oh man, he's onto it!'" he says.
With that, The Unmasked Giraffe sings his last song, closing the curtain on his time on The Masked Singer.
And The Giraffe Is…
After what feels like three hours of people chanting "Take it off," The Giraffe manages to struggle free of his towering mask and reveals himself to be none other than…
Brian Austin Green!
The First Impressions and Finals Guesses
Now it's time to compare the panel's First Impressions (based on their first number from back during the season premiere) and their final guesses after today's performance.
Ken's First Impression: Will.I.Am
Ken's New Guess: Shia LaBeouf
Nicole First Impression: Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Nicole's New Guess: Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Jenny's First Impression: Travis Barker
Jenny's New Guess: Seth Green
Robin's First Impression: Jaleel White
Robin's New Guess: Travis Barker
Joel McHale's Final Guess (since he's just a guest panelist and didn't make a first impression guess): Jason Priestley
The Audience Votes -- Who's Going Home?
After a night of stellar performances, it's time to find out who was going home!
This is, after a traditional commercial break cliffhanger, which is never less frustrating!
After returning from the break, Nick reveals it's The Giraffe who'll be going home after taking off his mask.
The Sun Is 'Praying' for a Win
The Sun has a diva's voice, and her performance tonight might be one of the most layered and beautiful numbers of the season (or any season, really).
The Sun's blinding vocals are on full display with her cover of Kesha's "Praying" that almost instantly brings Nicole to tears. Even Robin looks like he's falling in love as The Sun simply shines.
"That was unbelievable," Jenny says in awe.
"I am almost speechless. That was so captivating," Nicole marvels. "It was probably, out of all of our seasons, my favorite female vocal that I've ever heard."
The clue drone flies out carrying an 8-ball.
"Will this magic 8-ball help you conjure up my identity? Outlook: not so hot," The Sun hints.
Jenny thinks it could be Demi Lovato.
Robin suggests it could be Katherine McPhee.
Nicole says it could be Carrie Underwood.
The Sun -- NEW CLUES!!
- Says, "I love dressing up as The Sun. It's like every day is Halloween!"
- Says, "I missed out on a lot of my childhood, growing up in a fractured home."
- We see her watering plants in a greenhouse.
- We see a red hourglass with a black widow on it.
- Says, "I've made up for lost time by discovering childlike outlets to make life magical."
- Says she likes "going into the woods to find harmony in nature."
- We see a blue butterfly with heart-shaped wings.
- Says, "I love dirt in my toes, a young memory of mine, and the land that slides as my heart walks the line."
- Says, "I've become a wiz at cooking up tasty treats, for like-minded immaterial girls," as she stirs a giant copper kettle with a huge spoon.
- We see a lock of hair tied with a blue ribbon and a candy cane inside of some glass mason jars.
- Says, "I'm always looking on the bright side, burning ugly rumors out of my life," as she burns some papers with the words "Ugly Rumors" in a circle of candles.
The Snow Owls Baffle Us Even More
Together, the Snow Owls sing Meghan Trainor's "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" and it's absolutely throwing everyone for a loop. Their voices sound totally different from last week (and that clue package blew our initial guesses out of the water).
"That was so cute," Nicole gushes after the duet, making the shape of a heart with her hands.
The clue drone brings out a witches hat, and that's even more confounding.
"We will tip our hats to 'witch' ever one of you figures out the clue," the Man-Owl says, which doesn't help anyone trying to figure out their identities.
Ken thinks it's Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams.
Joel thinks it could be Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood.
Jenny suggests it could be Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban.
The Snow Owls -- NEW CLUES!!
The Snow Owls:
- He says, "We've always had each other's back! Like when I was in a messy break-up and I was swept up in an avalanche of emotion."
- We see a marquee sign in the shape of the letter D.
- She says, "I took his side, and became his anchor, despite beak-lash from our community."
- We see a ship anchor with the word "MANagement" written on the side."
- We see four knights in armor, and one of them holds up a basketball with the letters "DAL."
- She says, "I had an opportunity fit for a queen, that I was too scared to do," and he adds, "But I said, 'You can do it!'"
The Giraffe is a Kool Dude
For the second time, The Giraffe opts for a song that requires more speaking than singing, which almost always means he's not a professional singer.
However, that doesn't mean he isn't a professional entertainer, because he clearly knows how to bring a stage presence with his performance of "Get Down On It" by Kool and the Gang.
"That was the best performance I've ever seen from a giraffe from the 1700s," Joel quips.
The clue drone comes out again, this time holding a domino tile with two sets of four dots.
"That was a really important tile to me, but does that help you score my identity?" The Giraffe cryptically asks the panel.
Joel suggests it could be Scott Wolf.
Nicole thinks it's Shia LaBeouf and Ken agrees, which infuriates Nicole.
The Giraffe -- NEW CLUES!!
- Says, "I've survived and thrived in the animal kingdom by seeing the big picture."
- His clue package takes place inside a fancy mansion.
- We see references to The Fox (from Season 2).
- We see him eat a peach off a tree.
- Says he tries to "stay above the drama."
- Says, "Recently, my whole world came crashing down. I've kept it mostly secret, but my life was transformed in the blink of an eye.
- Says, "I had a terrifying episode that scrambled my brain. I could barely walk or talk. But I'm a fighter. I defeated my invisible predator."
- Says, "Now, I'm at a crossroads in life."
- Says, "The one thing that keeps me going is my herd. As long as they're in my life, I know I'll be back to put on another show."
The Popcorn Has Styles
If there was any question that The Popcorn was a diva-level legend, she puts that question to rest tonight with an incredible rendition of Harry Styles' "Falling."
She appears to be overwhelmed with emotion after the number, and the judges are floored.
Robin calls the number "gorgeous" while Joel says her voice is "incredible."
Tonight's secondary clues tonight are being delivered by a "clue-dropping drone" that flies across the stage with a model of the planet Venus hanging from the bottom.
"The second rock from the sun may be far away, but it should bring you closer to me," The Popcorn hints.
Joel thinks it could be Gloria Gaynor.
Ken suggests it's Katy Perry.
Jenny says it's Vanessa Williams.
The Popcorn -- NEW CLUES!!
- Says her favorite part is flirting with Nick.
- We see a title screen for a show called 'The Corn and the Beautiful'
- Says, "I wasn't always a healthy treat," and we see her in a hospital bed hooked up to a heart monitor.
- Says, "When I was a tiny kernel, I suffered from a bizarre condition. I couldn't eat or sleep and I developed severe anxiety and I felt like I was in an emotional prison. Until I dug deep in my pop-core, and found my voice."
- We see she has four cats.
- We see a series of candles that spell out the number 16.
- We see a lightning bolt.
- We see a hair crimper and a Rubik's Cube on an end table.
- We see a rainbow flag on the wall.
- Says, "Because of my voice, I survived, and tonight I can serve you up another delicious performance."
Introducing the Surprise New Character, 'The Robin!'
Apparently, there's a guest panelist joining the show tonight, and they're introducing him as if he were a contestant.
Nick calls him The Robin, and he's wearing a cardboard cut-out mask of Robin Thicke, and it's obviously just Joel McHale. However, even though it's just a fun, silly gimmick they really play it out and let him sing quite a bit of "Blurred Lines" before finally revealing his identity.
Why do the judges need to sit several hundred feet apart if the Men In Black get to dance nearly on top of one another as they follow Nick out from backstage?
Group A Is Returning to the Stage
After giving us a glimpse of Group B last week, we're getting another look at the remaining singers from Group A this evening.
The Giraffe, The Popcorn, The Sun and The Snow Owls will be duking it out for a place in the Group A finals. It's unclear if those will take place next week, or if we'll get to see another group hit the stage first.
If you're trying to crack the mystery of the costumed contestants like the rest of America, check out our running list of spoilers, hints and best guesses, where we break down all the clue packages and make wild (surprisingly accurate) predictions about the singers' secret identities.