'Scandal' Recap: The 19 Most Mind-Blowing Moments of the Season 4 Premiere!
By Leanne Aguilera
Praise the TV gods!
ABC's Scandal, the most riveting show on television, finally came back into our lives Thursday night, and we've got to be honest: The season four premiere was so #&%@-ing good! It was like creator Shonda Rhimes hit the reset button with many of our favorite characters and turned our OPA-loving world upside down. (You what believe what Mellie looks like now!)
To help catch you up on what you may have missed, we've jotted down the 19 most mind-blowing moments of the premiere that yo . So where has Olivia been? What brought her back to D.C.? And who the hell turned up Jake's sexy meter?! Relive the all the moments that made us gasp, gawk, and get turned on in the recap below…
- When we finally discovered where in the world Olivia Pope has been. Turns out she was on an uncharted island, 100 miles off the coast of Zanzibar and enjoying her time in the sun—literally.
- When we saw the shameless plug for Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl, and we simultaneously groaned at the product placement, yet applauded her taste in books.
- When Jake made Olivia whisper, "Don't stop" while he touched her.
- When we realized that Shonda Rhimes wasn't kidding: Just because Scandal is on at the 9 o'clock hour doesn't mean we're going to lose the steamy, sexy scenes. In fact, there seemed to be more of them!
- When we discovered that there is no more Olivia Pope — She's Julia Baker now, or as Jake so adorably calls her, "Jules".
- When we learned that Harrison had killed and this is the reason Olivia left the island.
- When we realized that Quinn has truly evolved into a badass and she lured Olivia out of hiding using her own weakness against her: really, really fancy wine. (Olivia didn't seem to happy about it, though)
- When we were introduced to Randy — aka Huck — an employee at the "smart bar" of a computer shop who doesn't allow himself to hope for good things anymore. (Awww Huck. You're breaking our hearts!)
- When we found out that Abby became the White House Press Secretary and is a complete and total bitch now.
- When we discovered Portia de Rossi's "top secret" role. She's playing Liz, the RNC chairman who is furious that that neither Fitz nor Mellie is campaigning or raising money for their party.
- When we realized that First Lady Mellie Grant gives zero f-cks now.
- When Jake finally stood up for himself and told Olivia what's what with a super sexy speech...
"We both know it's not my turn any more. We both know we're not standing in the sun, we both know you're standing in the shade of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, and it's his turn. As long as we're back it's always his turn. Despite the fact that I'm the one you like to ride, that I'm the one who makes you moan, that I'm the one who reaches you in places that he can't begin to touch. Isn't that right?" (I think we just passed out from secondhand sexual frenzy)
- When we saw that despite running away to an island for who-knows-how-many months, Olivia is still one of the most clever characters on TV, and almost immediately realized that twist on the case-of-the-week.
- When Fitz questioned Mellies newfound lack of personal hygiene.
- When we learned that Harrison grew up in a group home and didn't have any family, only the gladiators.
- When Mellie revealed that Fitz almost committed suicide one night after their son's death.
- When Mellie absolutely slayed her first monologue of the season! Read it, and let the fierceness wash over you…
"I just want to be clear that there are some things that I'm just not going to do anymore. Things that just feel like an insulting waste of time once you have held your dead son in your arms. Monitoring you is one of those things. So I'm saying when you see her, and you come home and you're all hot and bothered and you decide to pretend that you are a good family man so you climb into my bed and on top of me. I'm saying when you see her, you will tell me because I'm going to want some warning because I don’t know if I can even imagine getting turned on by you right now. Oh and FYI when you stick your hand into my panties, another thing that I just don’t do anymore is wax. So it's 1976 down there so you maybe wouldn't be turned on by me anyways. So the point is, when you see her you will tell me."