Happy Birthday, Cardi B! Check Out 26 of Her Best Memes and Moments
By Meredith B. Kile
Getty Images/Cardi B/VH1
Happy Cardi B-day!
The "Bodak Yellow" rapper turns 26 on Thursday, after one heck of a year that saw her topping the charts, rocking massive stages and welcoming her first child, daughter Kulture Kiari, with her husband, Migos rapper Offset. (Oh yeah, she also pulled off a secret wedding just before her birthday last year. Money moves!)
So let's celebrate the woman known to her family and close friends as Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar, but now infamous as "Cardi Bardi, banging body, spicy mami, hot tamale," the "trap Selena" herself, Cardi B! Here are 26 of our favorite Cardi moments to commemorate her big day.
1. Cardi first found the spotlight on Love & Hip Hop: New York, where she instantly became a meme queen, gifting us with an all-time great "tea" reaction gif.
2. She also gave us this iconic comeback, which makes a great gif, but is even better in video form:
3. Even when she started to blow up, Cardi reminded us that she's just a "regular, degular, shmegular girl from the Bronx."
4. And she's always relatable -- who doesn't have this reaction when their food comes to the table?
5. On Love & Hip Hop, Cardi taught us how to be a no-nonsense feminist...
6. ...the best way to accept apologies...
7. ...and the rules of polite conversation.
8. She even conquered the world of Vine and viral videos, teaching us fashion tips...
9. ....and the consequences of giving "a broke b***h some got damn shh-money."
10. While Cardi's feud with Nicki Minaj at New York Fashion Week might have made headlines last month, die-hard Love & Hip Hop fans know that wasn't the first time she's thrown a shoe:
11. Following reality fame, the rapper became a household name in summer 2017 with the release of "Bodak Yellow," popularizing bloody shoes, money moves and so much more in the now-iconic music video.
12. And It's not just her hit songs that are stuck in your head. Cardi's infiltrated the vernacular, popularizing a few of her most famous catchphrases. Watch her explain "eowwwww" and "okurrrrr" to Jimmy Fallon in the hilarious clip below:
13. Cardi also had one of the biggest memes of the year, when fans got ahold of a sassy childhood photo, leading to hundreds of "My momma said..." memes. But the rapper was in on the joke, even reposting a few to her own page.
14. Since blowing up, Cardi seems to be handling fame just fine, rocking red carpets with her trademark glam and candor.
15. She's been a delight at all the major music awards shows, blessing us with classic reaction shots from the crowd...
16. ...and amazing acceptance speeches, like when she won Best New Artist at the iHeartRadio Music Awards and thanked all her haters, "because...they be downloading my stuff so they can hear it and talk crap about it. But it benefits me!"
17. She's also been serving some major looks, like this Linda Evangelista-inspired ensemble from her Tonight Show performance...
18. ... and basically all of the "Bartier Cardi" video.
19. And don't even get us started on her recent Fashion Week stunts. Actually, do. NEW YORK:
24. SHE'S EVEN SUPER GLAM AT THE POLICE STATION, COME ON.
25. Cardi kicked off her birthday week with an epic night at the American Music Awards on Tuesday, walking away with three awards and getting the crowd on its feet with her high-energy, super fun performance of "I Like It" with Bad Bunny and J Balvin.
26. And we just know that Offset will pull off another epic surprise for Cardi's big day. Couples goals!